Having trouble recording from analogue 4 track to computer

I've got guitars and a drum machine and I've recorded songs onto my new 4 track (A Fostex X-24) and I wanted to record them straight onto my computer, as a .wav file, however if I use the 'Line 1' input, neither Soundforge XP or Window 95's Sound Recorder will pick up for some reason, but if I put it into the 'microphone' input it will record, however, when it records it is amplified by the computer (according to my brother) but I can't find how I could turn this inner amplifiction off so that the recording sounds right... I've tried recording stuff through the microphone but it records a really choppy horrible bad quality .wav and there's usually background noise generated just from the microphone input or something, it sounds horrible. So I was wondering how I can;

1 - Set the line one so that Sound Recorder and Soundforge XP can pick it up?

OR

2 - How I can turn off the inner amplification on the microphone input so that I can use it to record a good sounding copy?

Did you make sure that the line in was selected as recording device? It sounds like the microphone is selected. A first suggestion anyway.

Also make sure the recording volume is turned way up through the volume control(speaker icon)-properties-recording.

[This message has been edited by TEERS (edited 02-09-2000).]

That's what I meant by no 1, it only seems to record from the mic input, not the line in, I don't see any way I can make it record the line in.

Mic works Line in dont

Hmmm, I found the same thing out. When I plug in my TASCAM 414mkII I get super faint recording with the line in, but loud on the mic input hole thingy.

Of course it sounds like crud since I didn't pay any nevermind to the bright red warning lights on my levels when recording.

How do I get the line in to worky?

WIN XP Home using Magix Music Studio 10.

(Please hurry, I have this great song that will make me rich like Elton John so I can get surgery and look like Brad Pitt and make sweet monkey love to Angolina until I die in bed like Wilt Chamberlin did.)

-Over

Back