Having mucho trouble with midi and trilogy bass module on my pc, help!

groove2u

I just purchased a new pc with an amd 1.8 processor, 512 of ram, and am trying to employ spectrasonics trilogy in both acid 4.0 and cakewalk sonar xl. The problem is sonar is not recognizing midi data properly and, for example, when I play midi in realtime it does not match up on playback with the metronome at all!!!!!!!!!
Also, in acid I can record trilogy in midi alright but when I try to render it to audio it sounds nothing like the original, sustain notes and dropouts galore.
Finally, when I use the piano roll function in acid to simply play quarter notes with a drum beat on a seperate track, when I listen back to it the midi data on the new track(quarter notes) it actually speeds up and goes wacky out of time with the drum beat.
I'm lost beyond all belief, please help.

Mike

As to the first problem, what OS are you running and what kind of sound card are you using? Sounds like you do not have WDM or ASIO drivers employed in SONAR. Softsynth latency from within a host application is too high for you to be able to play in realtime under SONAR unless you are using WDM or ASIO drivers (ASIO support is only available in SONAR 2.2). It's a VST synth, so you need some sort of VST-to-DirectX adapter, which I'm assuming you must have or it wouldn't work at all.

Back