Have you heard of Black Lion?

I've heard very good things about black lion mods. The only arguments I've heard to the contrary would be over the price of upgrade vs buying higher end gear like RME, Apogee and Lynx.

If you have something you're using and like already the mod is definitely worth it though.

Black Lion mods are seen quite often in the DIY/Modding community.

I've never heard anything directly bad about their services.

black lion audio first made a name for themselves by offering kits and mods for the alesis 3630 which reportedly turned them into very useable units. they also offered mods and/or kits for various bellari units and art units before they started modded interfaces and converters which has become their mainstay. it started out as a one man operation and has apparently grown into at least a few people.

Wish they still did those mods on the Bellari's, but now it's as if they can't even talk about such a thing. Weird.

I have a BL modded 896HD.

There is a very subtle difference in the width of the soundstage post mod.

For 250 bucks it was a no brainer. It doesn't make budget gear "pro quality" but it helps a little- and everything about "pro audio" is incremental improvements.

I'm wary of people who declare a "night and day" difference. I don't hear it.

I hear an improvement - that's good enough.

Any improvement on the 828 would be good. I would like to do it and compare it againt the Lynx Aurora that I just got.

Back