Have I learned anything at all from you guys?

mbrusko

View attachment MB Teach Your Children.mp3View attachment MB ORIGINAL Changing Horses.mp3

Newbie here. I very much value and respect the opinions of everyone on this forum. I'd say, "I've learned a lot from all of you." But that'd be presumptuous. More accurately, I've paid attention to everything I've read here and on many other home recording forums (fori?). Posting two mp3s that I hope a)will actually open for you; and b)you'll find time to critique. Details ...

MAIN BOARD = 2488neo
VOCAL MIC = AKG Perception 220
GUITAR MIC (for acoustic) = MXL991
ELECTRIC GUITAR = 1974 Gibson Firebird medallion (not for sale ;0)
ACOUSTIC GUITAR = 1964 Guild DST45 (aka Martin slayer)
BASS = Cheap Ibanez (I'm just learning)
DRUMS = Alesis SR18
MUSICIANS = me
VOCALS = me

My goal is to get good enough to use home recording as a hobby and minor source of income as I approach retirement age (a decade or so away).

Based on these two samplings, what should I work on first?

Hi there,
I'm not at a great monitoring setup here, but 'teach your children' sounds really good to me.

I'm sure there are little details to pick at, but my main reaction would be just keep doing what you're doing.

Really enjoyed the track, by the way.

Nice mate good work. I like teach your children.
If i had to say anything that really stood out to me. Its a bit of a guitarist mix. What i mean by that is the leads a bit forward in the mix and a tad too loud for my taste. That just might be my monitoring system though and it ends a bit abruptly.
Overall i think you did a good job i really liked it.
Great harmonies.

Back