Have a gander: 'The Puppet' Upbeat odd-time rock.

Awsome mix, your a better studio man than me, but I probably pull back the vocals ever-so slightly, and the backup vocals ever-so-slightly to the front.
but I'm listening on headphones, and actuly thats only for up to 0:50 after that evrything sounds great

and after the second listen, i don't think it's the levels, i think it might be a bit much on the high end thats pulling it a bit over the top.

but all honesty, It's an awsome mix

hope this helps

edit: nvm, listining thrue monitors, it sounds perfect. cept now the HH at the "drum solo" part sounds way to loud.

Last edited:
Sounds good! Only thing that struck me is that the vocals could use a little hi end. Just a hair more around 4 to 5k to add a bit of presence. There have a good sound just ever so slightly muffled sounding.

Cool song

Good job

F.S.

P.S. where in Oregon are you?

Freudian Slip said:
Sounds good! Only thing that struck me is that the vocals could use a little hi end. Just a hair more around 4 to 5k to add a bit of presence. There have a good sound just ever so slightly muffled sounding.

Cool song

Good job

F.S.

P.S. where in Oregon are you?
Hey thanks for the kind words. I live in Beaverton.
I used an Apex460 variant (set to cardioid) on the vox.

tarnationsauce2 said:
Hey thanks for the kind words. I live in Beaverton.
I used an Apex460 variant (set to cardioid) on the vox.

Ah. I'm is St Helens if you know where that is. About 30 minutes away.

F.S.

Yeah I agree that the vocals are a bit muffled sounding. The hi hats also sound loud through the whole song.

The guitars are incredible! love the sound, and reall the entire mix is still above what i can do with that type of music.

Simon

Back