have a cigar , wish you were here

big country

you have probly never heard of the group "Pink Floyd"
but in some of thier songs , sounds like its coming from a cheesy transitor radio,
then it fades in or fades out , my question is how do they get that sound ?

Well, the AM radio at the beginning of wish you were here was actually from David Gilmour's car.....they ran a long cable out of the studio. The transistor radio effect is done like the telephone effect, with filters. A highpass for the transistor radio effect, vs a bandpass for the telephone effect.

You're right, I've never heard of a band called Pink Floyd that produced such classic albums as Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and of course Wish You Were Here. I never even dreamed that there have been many articles written about said band and their recording techniques. And I've also never heard of Google.

timboZ said:
OK....I was under the impression that this was a joke.................
i would have thought that too, but I read some of his other posts, and believe me...he just might be serious.

This guy is fucking priceless!!!

Everyone else is wrong dude. If you want THAT sound, heres what you do:

Pad all of your mics. What this does is gate everything except the magical "radio frequency". Viola, instant pink phloid, or whoever that was you asked about.

Rory

Which one's Pink?

Robert D. is correct.

Oh, wait... Pink Floyd? Never heard of 'em.

I chose my avatar just 'cuz it looked kinda cool.

chessrock said:
I hear they are from a place called England.

Which is where this one band called the Beatles also are from.

The Who? Um Yes..... wait, I'm confused. They're all from where?

WOW.............
I just did a google search for pink floyd.
I got a few hits.

They made some movie back in the 80's called The Wall.

The wall is in England?

Sh!t, all this time I thought it was rebuilt in China after being toppled over in Germany. :confused:

Back