Has this melody line been done before?

dreamsound2

I posted this song a couple of days before and some of you suggested the melody wasn't connecting with the song. So I've been brainstorming new melodies and here's one I like. However, it sounds a bit familiar to my ear, I wonder if this has been done before.

There are no lyrics, just saying random things:

If you feel like it has been done please respond with the exact song name so I can look it up.

I mean, it's possible Bro, but I couldn't name an actual song. Influences of The Cult or even Psychedelic Furs - I mean, I'm not well rehearsed with other music except pop like those ^, but I reckon that sounds mighty fine and would like to hear the full version with an equally original sounding chorus. See, you've got a nice verse which I reckon stands well on its own but how about the chorus? I hope that it doesn't become generative.
Nice sound. Like the way the drums come in with the vocals. Interesting. Sounds good.

Doesn't sound like anything I know. It has sort of a generic modern radio rock feel to it, so it does sound sort of "familiar" in that regard, but I don't know if you're duplicating anyone's actual melody. But who cares if you are? It's music and there's only so many notes to choose from and just about everything has already been done by now. How many times have the same blues progressions been used with great success? Just run with what you like.

Ok, I'm gonna move forward with the lyrics and the new chorus, I just wanted to make sure.

But you are right, if I was doing this 20 years ago I wouldn't have to 'limit myself' to everything its been done since and we shouldn't have to limit ourselves because of what has been done.

Plus, if Chris Daughtry can pull off the mega hit song 'It's not Over' that sounds just like another hit song ('Hemorrhage' from Fuel) I guess I don't need to worry too much :D

Heck, if Nickelsack can duplicate themselves multiple times, you're probably going to fly safely under the radar with this one. :)

when I first start reading this forum, I didn't like Greg at all, but the more I read and the more I like his honesty ;)

Sounds like Staind. Same formula, kind of the same vocal style, drum fills, etc. "It's Been a While" would be a good example of this formula, and would be the closest thing that this reminds me of in particular. Since you're asking, that's who I would say.

Yep...it sounds as familiar as almost everything else in the clinic, on the radio, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, in your car stereo.......so who cares? If you like it, go for it. I thought the melody fitted pretty well to the tune.

Joey :)

Back