Has this ever happened to you??

Nico2112

I was about to record some guitar tracks this morning; suddenly when I tried plugging the cable into my effects board, I noticed I couldn't. I checked the cable's plug, and the ring wasn't there:eek: I took a lamp and checked inside the effects board female 1/4 plug, and guess what? The ring is in there!

Has this ever happened to you?.....and

How did you solve this problem?

Cheers!

Yes, I have had that happen with a couple Racks that I own....I fixed one of them by useing some Conductive epoxy and glued the ring back into the Female connector.....You could also probably just replace the whole 1/4 in TRS jack without to much fuss as long as you are OK with a soldering Iron...

:D

Yup, tweezers were my first idea. The tip wouldn't come out:(

I had to take the pedal board apart and finally remove it. Painstaking process, but I succeeded:D

Just checked the effects, and everything is working in perfect order:)

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers!

Yes, I have had that happen with a couple Racks that I own....I fixed one of them by useing some Conductive epoxy and glued the ring back into the Female connector.....You could also probably just replace the whole 1/4 in TRS jack without to much fuss as long as you are OK with a soldering Iron...

:D

I know he fixed the problem, but those internal jacks are often housed in nothing within the outter case - if you pop the hood of the piece of gear, you can probably just grab whatever obstruction ended up getting stuck in there. Otherwise, tweezers usually work.

Or throw it out and buy a new one, as is the American way :D

Back