has ne one bought the wharfedales from deepwater?

If you are not in a hurry, and are prepaired to wait a month....or so ( :) ),
Then I'd say Deepwater would be the man. But if you need them inside of a couple of weeks, that might not be your best option.

I also recall him saying that he was no longer going to be offering them out right as it was becoming a bit of a hassle for him as he's been busy alot lately.....or something like that.

Rick

WERNER 1 said:
If you are not in a hurry, and are prepaired to wait a month....or so ( :) ),
Then I'd say Deepwater would be the man. But if you need them inside of a couple of weeks, that might not be your best option.

I also recall him saying that he was no longer going to be offering them out right as it was becoming a bit of a hassle for him as he's been busy alot lately.....or something like that.

Rick

yep, this is the guy. you have way more patience than i do. i'd be freaking out after a month.

Yep, he said he was really busy moving into his $400K house, so he was too busy to send emails or the speakers out. Good luck getting your monitors. I hope you used a credit card.

The minute I take someones money for something, they become my first priority. But that's just me! :D

WERNER 1 said:

Rick

id get them new... i PM'd him for a pair a while back too but i aint heard from him.. i doubt hes comming back... besides, even after all that waiting, maybe getting ripped off, and maybe recieving damaged monitors like others have, you only end up saving about $30

Yeah, I just don't know what to do,.......Every day I keep thinking that I'll get home from work and they'll be sitting there waiting for me........then everyday I get home to a monitorless studio. :(

It really bugs me when people start flaming some one on a BB, and in perticular when a lot of folks had their cross hairs on Deepwater I thought it wasn't right.

This was about the time when I placed my order with him, and even stated in the corrisponding emails that I would like to really give some good praise to him on that thread and to put the so called "Issues" with Deepwater behind everyone..........well the transaction was completed through paypal on July 23rd, and the last contact was around the first week in August.

I'm still hesitaint to post anything negetive, but I am getting a bit antzy that's forsure........mostly because I just want to record and mix. It's not like these are replacing an old pair or something, all my stuff is new and it's never been used yet...........that alone is killing me! :)

Come on Deep, come through.....please.

Rick

hey guys, a "deepwater" posted some stuff for sale over on gearslutz a couple days ago (sept 8th)......so you might want to see if it's the same guy.

the email address posted was "prosound@bellsouth.net".

just tryin to help......

wade

yeah, just tryin to help...thats true.

its bllsht, waiting 2-3months. last order i did was from 8th street and it was like 2-3 days.
these are just off-the-shelf monitors.
BTW, i deleted my other post as it wasn't as user-friendly.

IMO, i'd cancel the fhkng order and have some monitors in 2-3days.
and i wouldn't feel too sorry for someone with a $400,000 house and all the HR equipment one could want...that's also too busy to maintain the customers?? thats just bizarre, Werner?

Werner, hope you get them soon. Not a good 1st expierience, it seems.
Don;t feel bad, we all been punked before. :p

I guess it's a good thing I didn't hear back from Deepwater, because I think I'm gonna pass on the Wharfies and go for the Yorkies. After reading bleyrad's Wharfedale/Yorkville comparison, I've been reconsidering my choice. I don't think there are a whole lot of people who have actually compared both side-by-side.... I found another poster on gearsluts who confirmed the Yorkvilles stomping the Wharfedales into the ground, so I think I'm gonna save for another couple weeks and get those instead.

I heard nothing but great things about the Yorkvilles long before I ever heard of Wharfedale, and those were what I had my heart set on before.... So I guess I'm going back to the YSM1p's again. :D So far the biggest thing in Wharfedales' favor that I have seen so far is MassiveMaster's endorsement for them, but he used the passives with a really (really) nice amp, so that may have had something to do with why he likes them so much.

Woah, I just went and looked up the price on the Yorkies and gear1music.com has a 10% off storewide coupon and the sale ends Sunday (today).... That puts the yorkies at $378... I'm about $15 short of that in my gear fund, but I think I can squeeze it, so I may just have to order them before the day is up! :)

-tkr

Yeah, that price is for the actives, not the passives. And considering that's only $38 more than the Wharfedales, that's a pretty sweet deal! :cool:

-tkr

Tekker said:
I just ordered the YSM1p's..... So with any luck I'll be mixing on them shortly!

sounds good! be sure to let us know what you think of em. i've got a line on some event TR8's that i'm gonna have to check on--if they fall through, i might be looking at a pair of yorkies myself. i need something with better low end than the m-audio sp5b's i've been using (which are excellent sounding, btw.....i just have to guess on the kick and bass more than i'd otherwise like).

cheers,
wade

Wade, there are many posts here, if you search, about the wonders of adding a sub (even a low-cost model) to the M-Audio 5s. It's a killler combo that some of us here use and praise.

J.

jeffree said:
It's a killler combo that some of us here use and praise.

thanks J! i know there are a lot of folks around here that really dig the addition of a sub to the 5's.

but the sub is what, $300 or so? the line i've got on these events is right around $300 too, and the way i look at, why not have 2 sets of monitors i can reference instead of 1 pair with a sub? :D

i figure if i can get a mix sounding good on both sets, i should be good to go.

cheers,
wade

mrface2112 said:
sounds good! be sure to let us know what you think of em. i've got a line on some event TR8's that i'm gonna have to check on--if they fall through, i might be looking at a pair of yorkies myself. i need something with better low end than the m-audio sp5b's i've been using (which are excellent sounding, btw.....i just have to guess on the kick and bass more than i'd otherwise like).
I'll definitely be sure to post my opinions when I get them. I don't have any experience with other monitors to compare them too (other than the Event 20/20's at my old church, which I wasn't crazy about for mixing) but I'll let ya'll know what I think anyways. :D

I do have a set of Audio Centron PA speakers with 15" subs in them connected to my stereo system and those let me hear how the bass is sitting. So after I do a mix on the Yorkies I'll run them through the PA and let you know if the bass feels right on them. I'll also run some "pro" CD's through them to get a feel for what things should sound like.

I got my tracking number today, but they aren't scheduled to show up until the 21st...... (That seems like pretty slow shipping to me.) Unfortunately I'm going to be in California during that time visiting my grandparents, so I may have to have them change the delivery to a neighbor so they're not sitting outside. :( I was really hoping they'd get here within the week, but I guess that's not going to happen.

-tkr

Back