Has anyone tried the Alesis DM5 Pro Kit ?

I've not tried the kit but I do have the drum module racked in my studio. I can tell you that the module is straight forwad in its operation but it will depend on what you plan on using it for. Some of the drum sounds are OK but not what I'd consider using for recording. However it is great for triggering samples and I've used it to trigger BFD,EZdrummer, DFHS, & DFHS C&V samples

Hope this helps

This was the first electronic drumkit I read about that got me interested in buying one of my own. Ultimately everything I read about the DM5 led me to believe it was of substandard quality for any kind of heavy use, so I bought the Yamaha DTXplorers instead. I definitely made the right choice, cause even these can loosen after several poundings.. (that sounded funny)

Actually I wanted to know about the drum pads and the rack.
It seems sturdier than the previous Alesis drum kit.
Apparently not many people have it yet because it was released on July 27

I will use it to trigger drums from my laptop or my synth.

Friends don't let friends buy Alesis!:D

Save your money, buy a ddrum or vdrum. (I prefer ddrum myself)

Tim

Actually I wanted to know about the drum pads and the rack.
It seems sturdier than the previous Alesis drum kit.
Apparently not many people have it yet because it was released on July 27

I will use it to trigger drums from my laptop or my synth.
You mean July 27 of 2006 right...? I read several reviews of it last year, and they all said the fasteners crack easily..

no, no, this one is new.
The drum module is the same: DM5
but the drum kit is new.
Check the links on the first post.

Hmm, that does look 100x better than the previous kit. I just wonder why they didn't give it an entirely new name, considering.

Yes, I don't know why Alesis has not given more promotion to this new kit...
and a new name also.
It seems better built than the previous one that seemed more like a toy.

I will wait for some people to post reviews before deciding to buy it.

I look forward to reviews as well, because if the mesh heads and sturdier frame make as much of a difference as I think they will, it will even become a worthy competitor for the TD3/TD6, and probably at a significantly lower price point.

I am always experimenting with different synths, but my favorites are Sytrus and Dreamstation. To be honest I can't recall everything I've used on those old recordings but I'd wager a good deal of it is Dreamstation.

Back