Has anybody made money from stock music market or music libary?

I've been uploaded all my songs (over 90 tracks) on Pond5 and Bandcamp, but no sales for over 2 years.
So, I'm wondering if someone really makes money from them.

I have generated a small amount of passive income from songs and sound kits. However, it took a long time to generate a very small monthly average of around $14.00. Most will need a constant stream of new content to generate enough to make it pay much. Marketing can certainly help.

Are they on Spotify/iTunes/apple/google? What I have discovered is that if you have ten tracks, you get so many streams - but if you have twenty, you get more than double - and once you have loads, the income goes up even better. They money is still rubbish - BUT - every now and then extra suddenly appears and some of mine suddenly got radio airplay - God knows how - and that worked quite nicely. Didn't happen again. Youtube is a good place. I tried an experiment - our music appears on Youtube via my

our distributer (Songtradr) but I also put the same music on our own YouTube account and maybe in two or three months I will be able to see if just having it on YouTube does anything vs our own followers (who are a tiny number)?

The biggest earner, world wide at the moment is a piece of old classical music - not even popular, but people keep Shazzamming it. In really strange countries where classical music would appear a bit out of place. Riyhad and Nagphur?

I don't frequent Bandcamp, and have never been on Pond5. 90+% of my music streaming is either Youtube or Soundcloud. I don't use Spotify, or I-Tune, Twitter or Instagram either. Facebook takes up enough of my time with worthless junk.

Part of the problem with streaming services is that there is so much stuff there, the chances of some random person stumbling on your music is minuscule. I know someone who was really bummed when his videos were only getting 8 or 10 views after a few days. One of his songs got a mention in an online magazine and it pulled over 300 views in a couple of months.

The more content you produce, the more chances of catching a few subscribers who will be alerted that you have new content. You have to feed the kitty constantly.

Are they on Spotify/iTunes/apple/google? What I have discovered is that if you have ten tracks, you get so many streams - but if you have twenty, you get more than double - and once you have loads, the income goes up even better. They money is still rubbish - BUT - every now and then extra suddenly appears and some of mine suddenly got radio airplay - God knows how - and that worked quite nicely. Didn't happen again. Youtube is a good place. I tried an experiment - our music appears on Youtube via my

our distributer (Songtradr) but I also put the same music on our own YouTube account and maybe in two or three months I will be able to see if just having it on YouTube does anything vs our own followers (who are a tiny number)?

The biggest earner, world wide at the moment is a piece of old classical music - not even popular, but people keep Shazzamming it. In really strange countries where classical music would appear a bit out of place. Riyhad and Nagphur?
My songs are everywhere. Well~ I've thought about genre. I've made various kinds of genre of music and thought the modern orchestral track must be better as majority of people like movie these days. It takes more time though, but I can overcome once I'm familar with it.
Could you tell me what genre of your music is?

Modern classical, chill out, cinematic, dramas

What I do is music generally to forget. It supports visuals, so think corporate training, info and staff comms. New products, exhibitions and updates to customers. Often visually boring and in the past, death byPowerPoint. So what we do is shoot the video, produce the graphics and then put music under it. They often pick songs by famous people and because of the licensing, it’s too expensive. They are also very short lived, before they are out of date, so we do music for these, charge a nominal sum for its use, and then in a period of time, it reverts back to us, job done. We then release them, sometimes modified - shortened or lengthened usually, under our name, and whatever they earn, is a bonus, as they already were paid for in terms of time and production costs, like more samples. Quite a few have little hits in them where slides changed or something visual happens, but in most cases, it’s music to fall asleep to. Many clients find producing videos very expensive, and don’t want them to look like podcasts on YouTube, but more like a broadcast news programme. Often a podcast would have worked, but when we suggest actors, or good looking people, they reject them in favour of the factory manager, and assume ‘photoshop’ will cure it. They have complicated scripts full of unimportant stuff, and have to read off the autocue, music is a diversion sometimes.

Modern classical, chill out, cinematic, dramas

What I do is music generally to forget. It supports visuals, so think corporate training, info and staff comms. New products, exhibitions and updates to customers. Often visually boring and in the past, death byPowerPoint. So what we do is shoot the video, produce the graphics and then put music under it. They often pick songs by famous people and because of the licensing, it’s too expensive. They are also very short lived, before they are out of date, so we do music for these, charge a nominal sum for its use, and then in a period of time, it reverts back to us, job done. We then release them, sometimes modified - shortened or lengthened usually, under our name, and whatever they earn, is a bonus, as they already were paid for in terms of time and production costs, like more samples. Quite a few have little hits in them where slides changed or something visual happens, but in most cases, it’s music to fall asleep to. Many clients find producing videos very expensive, and don’t want them to look like podcasts on YouTube, but more like a broadcast news programme. Often a podcast would have worked, but when we suggest actors, or good looking people, they reject them in favour of the factory manager, and assume ‘photoshop’ will cure it. They have complicated scripts full of unimportant stuff, and have to read off the autocue, music is a diversion sometimes.
Great! It's helpful resource. I'll keep in mind. Thanks!

Back