Harvey in Recording Magazine

mikeh

Harvey Gerst's "More Me" headphones got a nod in the October 2007 issue of recording magazine.

I know many of us feel fortunate that Harvey has been part of this community and he appears to be respected by many in the industry - having him get a nod in a national/international publication is nice to see.

Yes they liked them - some quotes:

"Harvey Gerst must've had me in mind when he created the MoreMe headphones"
"After using the MoreMe cans for a few sessions, everyone has been happy"
"At the pretty unreal price of $20....your can outfit your studio ......for a fifth of the price of others"

The point of the overall article (written by Justin Peacock) was studio gear at reasonable prices. The article addressed the fact that phones can get trashed in the studio - and the MoreMe cans while not "great sounding" (for mixing/critical listening) are good for tracking ("forward in the midrange" "great for tracking").

The article also made it sound like your follow-up customer service was very good (I know from reading on this site that your return/replacement policy is almost too reasonable:))

He identified Mercenary Audio, Front End Audio and Alto Music as vendors and also provided the www.moreme.info website.

I thought it came across as a very positive endoresment!!!!

If you want the article for your marketing files and can't get your hands on it - I'll be happy to fax it to you.

hey! this just reminded me...my main phones stopped working just the other day, and are being replaced with MoreMe's - hopefully they'll hold up better than the AKG's did

What'd the ad cost you, Harvey? :p
The guy from Recording emailed me and said he'd like to review them. I sent him one of each. If he sends them back, I guess it's free. If he keeps them, that's what it cost me.

I didn't see the final review, I don't know the guy, and I didn't try to put words in his mouth. The MoreMe's are strictly a sideline business, started because I needed to buy a bunch of them to get a decent price.

I'm amazed that they've found their way onto Joss Stone's new album (the group prefered them to all the high dollar studio phones) and they were used on the last two Widespread Panic albums. The fact that they're liked and used by George Massenburg, Bruce Swedien, Terry Manning, Bob Ohlsson, and Southern Tracks in Atlanta, and many other major studios is mind boggling to me.

Ahh Harvey. If only you knew how helpful you've been.... Apparently I don't read enough because I hadn't heard of these until this post, but by god I just ordered 2pr. I go through phones like woah, hopefully these will suit my needs and not kill the wallet.

<3

The guy from Recording emailed me and said he'd like to review them. I sent him one of each. If he sends them back, I guess it's free. If he keeps them, that's what it cost me.

Send me a pair, I'll review them. I should warn you though, the only people that will see the review are regulars in the Cave, and they all own a pair or two. :D

I'm just razzin' ya. You obviously have made a good product that people are responding to. When my current phones crap out, I'll own some Moreme's, too.

I need them to be relatively isolated though. I record rock drums, loudly, and I need to be able to hear a click track without rupturing an eardrum. How would you rate them for that purpose?

you had me at Joss Stone....yum....
Yeah, that really freaked me out when I asked Terry Manning who had used the MoreMe's in addition to Widespread Panic. When he said Joss preferred them to everything else he had, I almost didn't believe him. He said she actually asked who made the phones and loved them.

I need them to be relatively isolated though. I record rock drums, loudly, and I need to be able to hear a click track without rupturing an eardrum. How would you rate them for that purpose?
That's where they really shine. The Deluxe have a little better isolation and most drummers prefer the extra comfort of the padded headband.

Last edited:
Wow. I just saw this thread. I also just ordered 4 pair (and got the 5th one free) earlier this morning. Looking foward to trying them out. The headphones have been getting a good rep for some time now. Nice to see the rest of the world is catching on.

Wow. I just saw this thread. I also just ordered 4 pair (and got the 5th one free) earlier this morning. Looking forward to trying them out. The headphones have been getting a good rep for some time now. Nice to see the rest of the world is catching on.
Yeah, I sent em out this morning and they should be there by Saturday.

Harvey, you don't know me, but I've been reading your helpful posts here for years. Moreover, you seem to be a gentleman in all you do, something I increasingly appreciate in the fairly anonymous world of online forums. I'm happy to see good things happen for good people and look forward to my new issue of Recording.

Wishing you continued good health and success~

J.

Harvey, you don't know me, but I've been reading your helpful posts here for years. Moreover, you seem to be a gentleman in all you do, something I increasingly appreciate in the fairly anonymous world of online forums. I'm happy to see good things happen for good people and look forward to my new issue of Recording.

Wishing you continued good health and success~

J.

Well said - I second that!

Happy MoreMe user here. Perfect for tracking.

Nice to see a genuine good guy get a bit of well deserved press.

Congrats Harvey.

Back