Hardrive problems.. how big is it... really?

13th_Omen

With my new PC I put in a 200 GB hard drive. My BIOS recognizes it as 200 GB but Windows 2000 only sees it as 127 GB! I have it formated as NTFS with no partitions. Any clue on why this would be?

Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz 512k Cache 533 FSB Soc 478
Seagate 200GB EIDE HD 7200/8MB/8.5/ATA-100
1,024 MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz
Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra (VIA P4X400 Chipset based ATX motherboard)
Windows 2000 Professional

Thanks fellas, you have helped a lot. This was the first computer I have had that had a drive bigger than 12 GB and was unaware of the service pack requirements. I have seen however, that you need to be connected to the internet during installation of SP3. This will be a problem as I have the computer in a house that has no phone as well as the fact that I don't want this computer to EVER be connected to the internet. I have no antivirus programs, nor do I want any on this PC. I really don't want to open it up the the internet. Is there any way around this?

you can download service packs to another computer, burn a cd, then transfer and install. I use a little nifty usb drive myself.

That's not what Microsoft's website says. It states that you must be connected to the internet to install the service packs.
I use a little nifty usb drive myself.

Thumb drive right? Those seem pretty cool.

Back