Hard Rock Song: Sunset Country Disco

Jay C

hey all , looking for some feedback on the mix. i have very slowly improved the quality, with the help of the members of this wonderful forum. when i feel like i can't improve on it is when i come to post.. often time its what i think is an "improvement" turns out the be the bad... lol..

thanks to anyone who shares :thumbs up:

View attachment SCDMix10.mp3

I think I've heard this before. I think it's gotten better from what I remember. The kick is way too much to me. I like kick drums mixed to be heard, but it's overpowering in this mix. The tonal balance between bass and guitars is really nice. I think it just needs some level tweaks. Less kick, maybe a hair less bass, bring the guitars up a little.

I think I've heard this before. I think it's gotten better from what I remember. The kick is way too much to me. I like kick drums mixed to be heard, but it's overpowering in this mix. The tonal balance between bass and guitars is really nice. I think it just needs some level tweaks. Less kick, maybe a hair less bass, bring the guitars up a little.

thank you again Greg... it's funny that now that you mention the kick, i can really hear it now. lol..
your advice is priceless!!!

Very nice and tight riffing....the sound too , but i miss the vocals...where they are? ;)

thanks very much man! i glad you like it.
my singer and bass player live 2000 km away, lol.. he's going to record vox in a studio in London ont. I'll send all my guitar tracks and drum tracks and they'll have it mixed and mastered there.

hey all , looking for some feedback on the mix. i have very slowly improved the quality, with the help of the members of this wonderful forum. when i feel like i can't improve on it is when i come to post.. often time its what i think is an "improvement" turns out the be the bad... lol..

thanks to anyone who shares :thumbs up:

View attachment 82742

Agree that the kick is a bit big, but for my taste, not by too much. :) I like to feel it. I could stand to hear about as much more of the lead as you take out of the kick. Really great playing all the way around, a superb listen. Yeah, just tame the kick a little, let the lead breathe a little, and you have a winner. I tend to shoot for the kick being right in the neighborhood of the bass guitar levelwise, so it's an even push from the team. When in doubt, try mixing visually, just by levels, on those two tracks, see if it does what you're looking for. The bass is in the right place already.

Nice guitar tone and playing. You definitely have a concert level kick going there that you feel in your chest. I'd bring it down as mentioned and up the lead also. Bas sounds sweet when soloed

I agree with Greg. Everything sounds great but the kick is too prominent. Maybe envelope it down during the non-machine gun parts

Back