Hard disk for 788??

Zeekle

I want to increase the size of my hard disk, any opinions as to internal upgrade or buying an external SCSI device? Any brands spring to mind from any one??
All help appreciated
Zeek

Thanks.. cos Im in the UK I've taken the details and will look into a 40 -60 GB HD.. I've just spent hours backing stuff up onto CD.. a good idea I know but they never said you could only get one song per CD (or 2)!!
Any idea about a zip drive?? Ive looked at some but they're all USB not SCSI (the ones I've found any how) and they're not that big.
PS.. did you put your HD in yourself or is it best to take it to a Tascam person?? ie, is it easy to do??
Cheers Zeek

Zeekle said:
Thanks.. cos Im in the UK I've taken the details and will look into a 40 -60 GB HD.. I've just spent hours backing stuff up onto CD.. a good idea I know but they never said you could only get one song per CD (or 2)!!
Any idea about a zip drive?? Ive looked at some but they're all USB not SCSI (the ones I've found any how) and they're not that big.
PS.. did you put your HD in yourself or is it best to take it to a Tascam person?? ie, is it easy to do??
Cheers Zeek

It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to change one out.

With the price of hard drives as low as they are and the ease of replacement in a 788 you might consider not backing up at all and just replacing the hard drive when it fills up.

I put the Diamond Max Plus 80 GB in my 788, It gave me 65GB of usable space. Only a few dollars more for an extra 5 GB. I liked it.
Got it At Zipzoomfly.com

Andy, I assume you do have to format the drive.. not sure but I think Tascam have their own filing system type of thing (not to technical I know)
Does anyone know where I can get instructions on changing the Hard Drive?? Im sure some one posted some (or a link) but I can't remember when or where..
Cheers Zeek

Thanks trigger... much appreciated... just need the HD and the ummm courage to take the screws out!!!...
Cheers Zeek

Back