Hang onto Love by PENTULTIMA - filmed in beautiful B.C. and Alberta

HI Ray, I co-wrote the song with my wife, Wendy, and performed/recorded the vocals and keyboards/drums myself. Whatcha think mate?

Happy New Year! Lu :)

I think the song could be a BIG power ballad but you're a little pitchy or stretching to reach in a few spots.
There's simply too much reverb at the moment. It sounds like you've used it to fill out the sound rather than by tweaking the arrangement.
The snare is very 80's which is probably a stylistic decision - & that was the power ballad era afterall.
The vid is a nice trip through the canadian snowfields et al.
Heaps of potential mate but I think you should start by rethinking the reverb and possibly posting in the songwriting forum or MP3 clinic to get some other ideas.

I think the song could be a BIG power ballad but you're a little pitchy or stretching to reach in a few spots.
There's simply too much reverb at the moment. It sounds like you've used it to fill out the sound rather than by tweaking the arrangement.
The snare is very 80's which is probably a stylistic decision - & that was the power ballad era afterall.
The vid is a nice trip through the canadian snowfields et al.
Heaps of potential mate but I think you should start by rethinking the reverb and possibly posting in the songwriting forum or MP3 clinic to get some other ideas.

Many thanks for your constructive comments Ray. I'd much prefer getting someone with a real rock ballad voice to sing it. Any Steve Perry's out there ? LOL. As for the reverb, I've had it mentioned to me before that its a tad too much but I want a "big mountain" kinda sound I guess? What kind of snare would you use? :)

Back