Hamer California Deluxe

Sennheiser

My guitar and amp came a day earlier than expected. AMS is very fast with their order processing.

I am very pleased with the guitar. It has one small blemish in the finish on the back and cannot be seen so I'm not gonna sweat that. It's about the size of a quarter and the finish is wavy in that area. They released the string tension before they packed it and it had so much bubble wrap on it I'm surprised there was room for the guitar.

It arrived safely, it was brand new, it didn't look like it had ever been played, and not a mark on it anywhere. I'm impressed, for a $269.00 guitar, I think I got more than my money's worth.

I haven't had any trouble with the tremelo, the pick-ups sound nice and the neck is great. The frets are filed correctly and are smooth, the inlays are perfect, and it plays great. The inlays are especially nice. I can't believe that they can sell guitars this nice this cheap.

It only has a volume knob and a three position selector switch, but the tone sounds better than I expected. Besides, I can make up for the lack of tone controls on the amp.

I've been playing it now for two hours and it is still in tune. After reading the stories about the licensed Floyd Rose that they use I was worried. But it's fine.

The only bummer was that they included the wrong sized wrenches for the tremelo, but they are going to take care of that.

I'm happy with it.

No can do. Scanner has a bad cap in it. Or should I say, out of it.

Literally. The damn thing fell of the circuit board and is rolling around loose in the scanner case. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

Let me see if I can find one on the web.

I just finished playing Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way". It sounds awesome through this little Marshall amp. As a matter of fact, I'm tickled to death with it. The playability of this guitar is unbelievable. This was the first time I actually played a whole song with it. Before I was just dickin' around with it and trying some stuff and making sure it stayed tuned.

Nice Looking Axe Sennheiser !

Just stretch the new strings out good when you restring it before you lock 'em down and the Floyd Rose works great.

Nice deal for the dough !

Thanks. Most of the reviews I read on this guitar were for the most part positive except for the tremelo. I haven't had any problems. AMS is sending the correct sized wrenches in the morning for the trem and the locking nut. They appologised profusely. They really have good customer service.

One reviewer really got shafted on this model. He said it really sucked. After reading that I almost changed my mind, but the positives outweight this one really bad one so I bought it.

I'm liking it more and more as the night wears on. Probably won't even sleep. Wish I could call-off work tomorrow.

Oh, and Pat Benatar sounds great too. It actually sounds the closest out of what I've played so far to whatever guitar her husband is playing.

Hi Michael, congrats on the new guitar. Looks like you have the makings of some killer git tracks. Happy for ya! Let us hear it soon.
fitz

I could have waited for the wrenches to show up, but I bought a set of metric allen keys at the hardware store and set up the guitar properly last night.

Two of the fine tuning screws were bottomed out as it was out of the box. It was in tune, but I didn't want the knobs to not have any adjustment travel.

I loosened the locking nut, backed the screws halfway out and leveled the rest, and then tuned it normally. After that I locked the nut back down starting with the center screw and alternating between the three a little at a time. Similar to torquing an engine head.

It seemed a little harder to tune with the Floyd Rose. It was very sensitive to very small changes. But I got it right. It sounds better than it did the other night.

I'm going to change the strings next week. When I do, I read about a neat little trick for a "D" tuning. Everyone here probably knows about it, but it was new to me. I'm going to screw in the "E" fine tuning adjustment knob untill it's about two-thirds in and then tune the guitar normally. If I have to use a "D" tuning I just back out the knob untill it comes down to "D".

Back