Halion one is empty! Where's my voices?

hnia6

MISSING HALION ONE VOICES - HELP NEEDED

Postby 6 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm
I use Cubase Artist 6.0.7 (as updated)
I have W7 64bit

I recently added Halion One from my installation disc. Don't know why it didn't automatically install; thought I didn't have it! But after installing and rebooting Cubase, I started a new instrument track with Halion One and it's dead empty. I found this link on Cubase's forum, but my paths don't match exactly as shown:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/suppor...lation-of-halion-one-presets-in-cubase-6.html

My path is C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 6/VST3 and there's six files in there; none of which are Halion One. I looked in other similar named files; I'm completely confused. Can someone help me figure this out?

My Halion SE voices are all ok.

Anyone? Jimmy my friend.. .help me out. everyone's ignoring me again.

Signed, miss high maintenance.

I have seen threads about it @ steinberg.net, but not sure if it was figured out or not. I tried installing the HalionOne update a while back, but didn't get it to work either. I don't use VSTi synths very often.

Try searching the steiny forum. I can look into it later, but have a session starting in a few minutes.

If you figure it out before I do, let me know as well. There have been a few times I needed Halion for mixing others projects, and it would be nice to have working. :)

Later,

Jimmy

It's a mystery to me. Steinberg told me to trash all the files in Application Data/Roaming/Steinberg on my othe issue. I did it. Now I have no voices for the Halion Sonic SE. So, it begs the question, where do all these VST Sound Files belong in the first place? Did they install in the incorrect place? Is Halion One supposed to tap off the Sonic SE VST voices?

Can anyone shed some light?

I tried installing the HalionOne update a while back, but didn't get it to work either.

this happened to me as well, but couldn't find any answers,coz i've only got LE5, & those customers are just ingnored by STEINBERG!

but i like the sounds in Halion 1, so was really interested in the update,,, but zilch!!!

STEINBERG really do not make it easy for peeps!! :( (which is why i moved on to real greener grass!)

I have halion one working, but honestly SE is much better so I would roll with that.

Patches that load in one load in SE so your not missing out on anything.

Thanks for the replies. OK, starting with Jimmy in replies 6 and 7:

Strange how the voices are essentialy discontinued in v5 and my Steinberg support guy doesn't appear to know it. I have 6.0.7 and my disc comes with the H1 installer. So, logic tells me I should be able to use it, right?

After much wasteful playing around, I did note that I have all kinds of voices in AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Content. In Content, I have the HALion and VST Sound folders; both are loaded with VST Sound files that relate to several of their plugins. YET, Steinberg told me to delete everything in the Steinberg folder to solve my missing VST Instruments window. I guess that's "trashing preferences." But I'm also trashing VST Sound Files. Makes no sense.

So, where I stand right now: I did what Steinberg said and trashed everything in the Steinberg folder, including content. Lost all my voices. I rebooted C6 Artist and for a while, the VST Instruments window did reappear. Then, I went back to the recycle bin and pulled back only the Content folder and put it where it belongs as noted in the path above. I recovered all my SE VST files only; never had the HALion One voices to begin with. Again, I only pulled back only the Content folder. I let everything else go. So I'm back to sqaure one. I have no HALion One voices and my VST Instruments window is missing.

I'd really like to get HALion One working and see my VST Instruments folder.

Jimmy; I'll take those VST files for HALion One. Just tell me exactly where they need to be dumped. It's worth a try unless someone has an easier idea.

It is an installation DVD from Cubase 5, so I will have to ship it to you. Or I suppose we could figure out how to burn ISO dvd's. I have never attempted it tho.

PM sent.

Back