H4n pro with sony zv-e10 microphone issue

ivanantic

Good Day to all, I need some help, I am trying to record video and audio with the above mentioned equipment, usinig the cable which came with the zoom kit, it is a 3.5 male to male, and greš from the zoom directly to the microphone of the camera. The issue is that it should be done by putting mick levels on the camera to the lowest setting, But then no Master what I Got a verry low tone, if I put it to 17 out of 30 and on the zoom I crank up the earphone volumen I Got ok sound with lot of hising nisem. Please some help...

I'm a bit confused. You have a portable recorder because the camera has limited audio facilities. I don't understand why you would want to connect the camera mic to the zoom? The audio from it goes to the Sony, and presumably you don;t think it's good enough? Normally you'd put a better mic on the H4 (or use the built in ones) and record audio to that, and sync it in the edit with the audio from the camera. Have I misunderstood?

I'm a bit confused. You have a portable recorder because the camera has limited audio facilities. I don't understand why you would want to connect the camera mic to the zoom? The audio from it goes to the Sony, and presumably you don;t think it's good enough? Normally you'd put a better mic on the H4 (or use the built in ones) and record audio to that, and sync it in the edit with the audio from the camera. Have I misunderstood?
I need to be able to go live. And I have sure sm58 attached to zoomh4n and I wanted to record that directly to the camera when shooting video or when going livestream. I sam on youtube manj videos with that setup, But do not know why I am not able to do the same.

The snag with the output of the H4 is that it is line level. but I think your camera expects mic level, and also has +5V on one of the cicuits of the jack - this probably won't upset the H4, but presence of voltage coming back up the cable is not good practice. To get levels right, you need to have an attenuator between the two - or a DI box and some custom cables to get the output from the H4 onto a 1/4" jack, then an XLR from the DI to the audio in of the Sony

Back