Gyraf G7, does it sound good?

It sounds good, but I really don't have anything to compare it to. It sounds like you didn't add any reverb on it, so it sounds a little strange, but sounds fine. To really give a fair judgement we kind of need something to compare it to.

I think it sounds good compared to the 2nd recording you just posted. Sounds more warm I guess, but I'm not really a great to take advice from on vocals.

I'm after any opinions I can get, thanks for taking the time to have a listen and for your feedback. I went all out with my G7 build and used one of Tim Campbell's CT12 capsule.

Maybe my ears are too used to cheap Chinese condensers with scooped mids to fully appreciate it.

I think the mic probably sounds fine but the vocals could take a little more eqing and definitely a little verb/delay.

The mix is far to full and messy to me. Maybe that's what's making you unsure?

Could be, I haven't really mixed the song yet. All I've done so far aside from some basic panning is compress some the drums/vocals and EQ the vocals a little. Guitars and bass are still raw tracks. Sounds like I'll have to get my plate reverb back in business.

Back