Guitarist/Songwriter seeking collaboration partners

Bartman

I count on me
Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area of the forum.

I am a lead guitarist, vocalist, songwriter, arranger and avid home recordist in Sugar Land, TX (18 miles southwest of Houston). I recently left my band for proverbial "creative differences" and I'm looking to collaborate with other area musicians on original rock material.

I'm 44 years old, have a family and a full time job so I'm not interested in late weeknight gigs or heavy partying. I have close to 20 original tunes that I want to record but I can't and don't want to do it alone. I'm looking for a bassist (a real one, not a guitarist who can also play bass....like myself), another guitar player, lead singer (gender doesn't matter) and a keyboard player. I have two good drummers that I work with so that instrument seems to be locked down.

My influences are highly eclectic, including: Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Rush, Genesis, Coldplay, Aerosmith, John Mayer, The Wallflowers, CSNY, etc....As I mentioned earlier, I play lead guitar, but I am by no means in the guitar hero category. I can shred when I want to but prefer to play in a more melodic context, complementing the song and vocalist, not overshadowing them....don't get me wrong, I love Satriani, Eric Johnson, Alan Holdworth, etc but that's not the kind of stuff I'm writing.

My objective is to record orginal material (both my own and tunes written by my band mates) and market it to publishing houses who would in turn sell the material to younger, established artists. I have a modest, but adequate home studio and rehearsal space. I prefer to collaborate with local musicians but virtual collaborations are also welcomed. No drugs or heavy drinking

If you are interested or know someone who might be interested please e-mail me: gbartkus@msn.com we can have a chat and see what develops.

Thanks for listening.

Bart

Hi Bartman,

Good luck with your efforts. I'll be 40 in 6 months. I may just start doing open mike nites here in boston in a few months. I hope you realize your dream. Keep us posted.

Back