Guitar Tones. :(

it is common practice
profesional recording studio engineers would rather have the guitarst play clean then add the distortion (or any other effect for that matter) during editing this is the best way to do it for the best results.

reamping...

but I wouldn't argue that the Virtual amps can't sound very good... some do and they're getting better. but maybe that's a discussion for another thread.

have you tried the Nick Crow Wagner VST Amp. The second version is out.

Last edited:
reamping...

you really dont have a clue do you?

I can set the effect on my DAW so i hear the way I want it to sound through my head phones as I play during the trackig but the recorded track will be clean no distortion at all, this way if I deside to use another effect other than distortion like fuzz or transparent overdrive with chorus chorus or whatever I can add that effect without making another recording.

you really dont have a clue do you?

I can set the effect on my DAW so i hear the way I want it to sound through my head phones but the recorded track will be clean no distortion at all, this way if I deside to use another effect other than distortion like fuzz or transparent overdrive I can add that effect without making another recording.

yes, actually I do have a clue.

here's quite a few Cab Impulse Files I created some time ago for just what you're talking about. a guy that goes by Guitarhack has created some very good impulses.

I just prefer the real thing.

I don't know, guys.

I try to get the guitar and amp sounding good before I put a mic in front of it.

In fact, the more post-processing I have to do, the more I feel like I'm fixing mistakes that should have been taken care of on the way in.

Once you get over a certain level of distortion, IME not very much, we're not talking about the tonal qualities of your hands and the strings and wood and pickups but of the distortion itself. Beyond that it doesn't seem to matter what guitar you're playing. It's the amp doing all the work.

I am a complete idiot, however, and defer to the more condescending and presumptuous among us. :D

more distortion can be added during the editing process

No, no, no, no, no. Editing is evil. Reamping in particular is evil. It should sound right from the second you record it. But if you overdrive the thing too much, it starts to sound wimpy and lame. The whole point behind distortion/overdrive is to give things balls. If you distort things too much, you loose the balls.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

reamping...

but I wouldn't argue that the Virtual amps can't sound very good... some do and they're getting better. but maybe that's a discussion for another thread.

have you tried the Nick Crow Wagner VST Amp. The second version is out.
Threadjacked LOL
OH you did some editing
Yes I have used the free version and I really like it.
the original version is good VST also I liked them so much I even donated a little Kaching:cool:
all the KVR stuff I have tried is jam up!
Another good free VST DLL is the freeamp it has a loaded pedalboard that has some really good sounding FX to be a free plug in.

I mainly use the plugins on my Roland VS 2000 VS8f card which are some of the best effects but they don’t come cheap.

No, no, no, no, no. Editing is evil. Reamping in particular is evil. It should sound right from the second you record it. But if you overdrive the thing too much, it starts to sound wimpy and lame. The whole point behind distortion/overdrive is to give things balls. If you distort things too much, you loose the balls.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

you do it your way I will do it mine:p

I have recorded and mastered several albums for local bands including Mighty sideshows demo (which is still being played regularly on the local rock station) before they got signed with one of the big boys and I have not had any complaints with the finished product thus far;)

All of this reamping bullshit sounds like fun and all, but if you get the right amp tone from the start, you won't need any of that crap.

"Can't you just fix it in the mix?"

"Can't you just re-amp it later or add some effects or something?"

Same statement.

All of this reamping bullshit sounds like fun and all, but if you get the right amp tone from the start, you won't need any of that crap.

not sure how to respond to this type of either informed reasoning or lack of understanding. are you being sarcastic?

how's this...
if you get it right from get-go, no reason for EQs or compressors...

Back