Guitar Tone Samples - Which one do you like best?

Which one do you like best?

• ow_04.mp3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ow_07.mp3

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • ow_08.mp3

• ow_09.mp3

• ow_10.mp3

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • ow_11.mp3

• Total voters

six

Hi folks

This is a poll about guitar-tones. I posted this in another forum which is dedicated to a piece of equipment used in some of the tracks, and I got the feeling it was all a bit biased.

The track is always the same and so are bass, guitar on the right hand side and drums. Only the guitar sound on the left hand side changes from sample to sample

I won't tell you anything on the production for the time being... maybe after a couple of days and a bit of a result.

Just vote for the sample with the guitar sound that you like the most.

Happy listening:

http://www.box.net/shared/t7rf04fucy

Just vote for the sample with the guitar sound that you like the most.
That I like the most *for what*?

Don't listen to people who, without any context of a mix, think or say that one guitar sound is "better" than another. You might as well list a half-dozen spices or colors and ask which one they like "better". So what? Without knowing whether you're making leg of lamb or key lime pie, those choices are meaningless.

You're probably trying to trick someone who slams the sound of emulators into picking an emulator. You'll probably succeed. You should.

G.

I was a bit torn between ow_07 and ow_10, but chose 07 in the end.
The rest are too fuzzy/fizzy for me.

I liked ow_10 because it was nice and warm, but a little too dull. It definitely
needs some brightening. I went with 07 because it was warm, clear, and
crunchy.

Me likes the crunchy :cool:

Ps: Shouldn't this really go in the "Guitars & Basses" forum?

That I like the most *for what*?
In this particular mix.

You're probably trying to trick someone who slams the sound of emulators into picking an emulator. You'll probably succeed. You should.

G.

No. It's more a research on general taste.

Ps: Shouldn't this really go in the "Guitars & Basses" forum?

I posted it here because most of the people listening to music aren't guitar-players themselves. Guitar-players are much more picky on "isolated" guitar-sound IMHE. They/we look at details that probably don't matter for most of the listeners, or even find things awful that the non-guitarists like.

08 has kind of an interesting Saturdays Alright (for fighting) feel to it that I like in the mix. I like 10 best, but it need a little more clarity in the upper end.

Back