Guitar studio 2

Rhoadz

Aside from the # of audio traks possible is there any huge difference between PA 8 and the new guitar studio 2?

I bought the first release of guitar studio as my first multi-track recording software. I wish I had saved the two c-notes and invested in some other equipment ($200 worth of picks would have been a more sound investment). I have since started using Vegas Pro and guitar studio is just collecting dust.

Unfortunately, when I bought gs I didn't know a thing about recording on a computer, or the wide variety of software available. There is a lotta software out there that is much cheaper than guitar studio with much greater capabilities. I would suggest you explore your options before seperating yourself from your money.

If you like Cakewalk, than you should definitely look at Pro Audio 8 or 9 instead of gs.

Basically, I've learned to avoid items specifically marketed to a subset of users (i.e. guitar studio) or bundled products. Both of these seem to be a way for companies to drive the sales of sub-par products at high profit margins.

I bought guitar studio in March with the capability to record 8 tracks (whoooowee); 5 months later, they were kind enough to email me the more than generous offer to buy the ability to record 16 tracks for the low low price of $79. I doubt it. I have since invested in Vegas and permanently removed gs from my hard drive.

Basically, I'm saying you should invest in something you can grow into, not out of. The best way to do this is by thoroughly educating yourself and exploring all options. I learned this the hard way...but never again.

Back