guitar rigs and setup, whats everyone running

HungPhat

im just using this thread to gloat as ive had some recent upgrades and my house sorta feels like a music store...

- Framus Cobra w/Mesa Standard Rect straigh 4x12 cab
- Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 w/Marshall Mode Four MF400 angled 4x12 cab

- PRS CE24 w/ Seymour duncan Jazz(neck) JB(bridge)
- PRS CU22 stock
- PRS Tremonti SE heavily modded with bird inlays and Bass(neck) HFS(bridge)
- Ibanez Prestige RG3210
- Jackson USA Soloist
- JAckson Professional Kelly
- Gibson Lespaul Custom Cherry Sunburst (went halves with my gf)

Pedals - Line6 DL4 Delay, Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, Boss NS2 noise suppressor, MXR KFK 10 Band Eq.

soon to be purchased ... Orange 2x12 and hopefully a nice american Tele and a nice acoustic.

wooo

Hahahha .. i find it funny that your PRS CE24 is setup with the exact same pickups as my cheap ass Peavey "signature" beat-er-upper. SD Jazz neck and JB bridge. My peavey sounds like total ass though, it's too nosey. Certainly not the pickups that make it sound bad, it's definately the body that makes it sound nosey.

Your CE24 must really kick ass given that it's a real guitar!

Yeah you've got some really cool shit there man! Got me drooling. hehe.

Your pedals and amp didn't do much for me, but man, awesome guitars dude. Way to go!

Hey I've got a 7 string Ibanez Universe UV777BK .. wonderful guitar. Definatley my pride and joy. That's my gloating peice. Plays like a dream, and the price I paid was less than half it's retail price. The thing's in mint condition too!!! (That's why it's my gloating peice, it's the price I paid for it that makes me so happy. It was always my dream guitar.)

Well that and my boogie rig, but we won't get into that. (Paid a ridiculously good price for that too.)

Congrats man! ... now use those thigns and make some music!

Tristan

Just thought I would add my own recording setup, purely for gloating purposes of course! As far as amps go, I load all guitars through the Palmer PDI-03, saves a fortune on cabs and means I can get the max out the tubes without the neighbours calling the cops at 3am.

Guitars:
Ibanez Jem "Bad Horsie" - Dimarzio Breeds
Ibanez Prestige - customised with EMG 81 & 85 at neck

Rack:
Mesa Boogie Triaxis V.2 with Fat Mod
Mesa Boogie Simul-Class 2:90
ISP Decimator
Eventide Harmonizer 3000 D/SE
Yamaha SPX1000
Palmer PDI-03
M-Audio Delta 1010 mounted interface
Fuhrman power conditioner

Amp:
Marshall DFX100 (either run this or the Mesa gear the PDI-03)

Pedals/ancillaries:
PODxt
Digitech GNX1
Line6 DM4
Morley Bad Horsie
Boss Metal Zone
Tascam US428 DAW controller
Soundforge 12 x channel mixer
Tannoy Reveal studio monitors
Customised Dell Optiplex

Took me a while to get it all together but there you have it!
Happy Days;-)

Hmmm....

Jackson USA SL2H Soloist

Peavey 5150 II Head
Marshall JCM900 50 watt head
Marshall VS100 Head
Marshall 1960A cab, Marshall 1958 Lead 2x12 cab

Pedals....?
Boss Delay, EQ, Octave, Super Shifter, Chorus
MXR Wylde Overdrive, Phase 90
Crybaby Wah, Morley volume pedal.....I think that's about it.

Let's see, my gear stash:
1986 Westone Super Strat with Kramer Quadrails - this one has a flush mount floyd rose, and I usually keep this one tuned down to drop C with .048's. .

1989 Charvel RR Flying V modded with active EMG's I have the Floyd rose blocked, and run .052's on it. It is usually tuned to Eb or Drop Db. I keep the top lockers locked down to keep the strain of heavy strings off of the tuners.

1990 Jackson DINKY, reverse headstock - I keep .042 -.09s on this one, and it is always tuned to E. Everything that you play through this sounds like '80s metal.

1999 el cheapo Hamer double cut with the suprisingly hot stock Hamer humbuckers (one of my favorite players), it's a hard tail, usually in D tuning (not drop d) or drop C and always has .52's on it.

Amps:
Late '80s Randall RC-235 - 70 watt combo, nice sounding for a solid state. Tons of gain, and kinda has that early '90s pantera sound
1990's Red Bear, 120 watt half stack. 4x12 cab with celestions. These were imported from russia by gibson in the 90's kinda sounds like a JCM800 with more balls (low end) and more gain.

Effects: Boss SD-1 (use this one in front of both amps as a gain boost), Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss Noisegate, Boss DD-3 Digital delay, Boss CE-3 compression/sustainer and a Boss HM-2 from the 80's that I never use, but keep for nostalgia reasons. I also have a Digitech RP-200 that I use for delay,flanger, phaser, Digitech Whammy effect instead of lugging a bunch of pedals to rehearsals. The distortion sounds pretty crap on it, so I never use it for that, but it works good for effects. Also have a Behringer V-AMP Pro Amp Modeler, but it is more of a recording tool than an effect. Way better tone than the RP-200 though, just not practical for live use.

Guitars:
1973 Gibson L6S restored by me w/custom electronics
1979 Gibson L6S being restored by me w/original electronics
Heritage Cherry Les Paul Standard (tuned to E)
1985 or '86 Kramer Pacer w/custom electronics and Kahler pro bridge(tuned to Eb)
New Mexican Strat w/lace sensors and good components added (tuned to dropped B)
Epiphone Les Paul Elite (inherited from my father when he passed suddenly)
Ovation acoustic (for stage use, complete with beer stains and cigarette burns)
Late 60's early 70's Guild 12 string that was almost destroyed(restoration project in the works)
Custom acoustic built by me modeled after a D-28 (Studio use only! no bars!)
Custom acoustic under construction (originally meant as a X-Mas gift for my now deceased father)
Rogue LX400 pro (studio use to lay down scratch tracks to give my bassist)
GHS Boomers Custom Lights for electrics(11-52 for the dropped B strat) GHS phosphor bronze lights for acoustics

Amps:
5150 head (first year EVH)
Marshall cabs circa 1966-67 with celestion G12M green backs(1966 date codes)
Late 70's master volume twin reverb(studio only)
Yamaha G100 head (studio only) with 240watt 4X12 cab

Effects:
Script logo phase 90 (pot dates it as late May of 1975)
Roland GS6 (run through effect loop of 5150)
DT1 tuner
Cry baby wah
Furman power conditioner
A bunch of other pedals collected over the years that are currently un-used

Shure mics (SM58 for vocals SM57 for micing my cabinet)

Won't list studio gear here because this post is getting too long as it is! :rolleyes:

-Fernandes LP copy
-The guitar that I built, sort of a cross between a Strat and a Jaguar and something else.
-Cheap Tanara acoustic
-Another cheap acoustic, I think it's an Austin (no-name brand)
-Late 70's (I think) Ibanez 4-string bass (Fender copy)

-Crate Vintage Club 50 3x10 (LOUD!!!!)
-Vox Brian May Special (love that distortion sound, great for classic rock, and crank the gain, and I can get a cool metal-ish type sound)
-Fender Rumble 100 (bass)

-Electro Harmonix Big Muff
-Electro Harmonix Small Clone
-Boss DS-1

I think that's it, although I probably forgot something. Looking to get a nice wah, and maybe a Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp or Studio .22, or something like that.

well, the one I have with the best sound is Variax into Pod XTL, into a Fender Cybertwin with foot controller.There is other stuff too,but I don't have it all listed...

Me, too.

I run either a:

Gibson Les Paul Special (P-100s)-->Tube Screamer knock-off-->Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb or a:

Fender 50s Strat-->EH Double Muff-->Fender CVR.

My other guitars are a late 1980s Time electric, an old Ibanez Roadstar II, A Lowden G-9, and a 1984 Ovation Adamas.

I also have an inexpensive bass for recording, a mandolin for noodling around, and a Peavey Classic 20 for playing in my room. My effects that never get used are a CryBaby and a Smallstone. That's my two cents.

Let's see here....

Guitars:
70's Gibson Sg Standard
80's Gibson Les Paul Studio-Standard (yep that's a real model, look it up)
Warmoth Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat

Mini Guitars:
Karera warlock copy
2 Lotus strat copies
Rogue Tele copy
Sammy by Samson Les Paul Copy
Wollerman Mini - Raider
a japanese Mosrite (yep a mini mosrite right.... go figure)
Rogue Les Paul Copy

Amps
Ampeg VT-22

Cabs
3 No-name 4 x 12" cabs (one of which sounds really good)

Effects
Pod 2.0
Washburn phaser
Crybaby wah
Morely volume pedal
Danoelectro Fabtone
and some home made effects that really suck

That about does it for me..... Not that impressive huh?

'84 Ivory (now faded to cream) Gibson Les Paul Custom -> Marshall AVT 60 12" combo thingy. Sometimes I throw an original SansAmp between 'em for fun.

:o

I guess that's kinda boring to talk about. Fun to play, though!! :D\

Chris

I may be boring compared to some, but have 1 guitar, 1 amp, and one gigantic pedal board...

Larivee custom - Dimarzio Hum canceling strat pickup in the neck, John Anderson custom in the mid, Dimarzio (model?) humbucker in the bridge; chandler custom strat style neck; floyd bridge; sperzal locking tuners

83 Fender Concert 1x12 loaded with a Mesa Black Shadow

board:
in line-
Boss Tu-2
Vox 847
Dano Daddy-O
Ibanez TS-9
Marshall Jackhammer
Boss PH-2
Boss DD3
effects loop-
Line6 MM4 (with exp. pedal)
Line6 DM4
also on board: custom Reverb and Channel switches

I'm thinking about changing the neck and bridge pickups...any suggestions?

Jacob

Here we go:
Guitars
Thorn Artisan Master #25
Thorn Artisan Deluxe #51
Thorn Artisan Deluxe #72
PRS Modern Eagle
PRS Hollow Body I
PRS Swamp Ash Special
Gretz Custom #41
American Deluxe Strat V-Neck
American Ash Tele with Barden pups
Martin SPOOO16RC
Taylor 12 String
Yahama nylon string
Fender P/J Bass

Amps
Fuchs ODS 50 watt head and 1x12 cab (Tweed, running 6L6's)
Fuchs ODS 50 watt head and 1x12 cab (Cream, running EL-34's)
Fender DRRI with Fuchs ODS mod
Fender Blues Jr. (Lacquered Tweed)
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Custom Shop (Cream And Yellow)
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Custom Shop 10th Anniversary
Fulltone Clyde Wah x 2
Fulltone FatBoost
Fulltone ChoralFlange
Fulltone Distortion Pro
Peterson Strobostomp x 2
Ibanez AD9 Analog Delay
Barber Tone Press
Boss CS-3 Compressor
Mesa Boogie V-Twin
Koch Pedaltone (Mostly used in the studio for direct recording)
Line 6 Pod XT Live

And I'm spent... :)

Mesa Dual rectifier (one of the old ones)
Soldano 50watt head
Custom Bogner 100w head
Marshall jcm800 (1982' "literally sounds like "Ride The Lightning")
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Carvin BX100 (x2 85' and 86')
Fender 1x12 Blues Junior Combo
Fender 1x12 Stage 100
Peavy 1x15 Delta Blues
Various little practice amps from back in the day.

Marshall 1960 4x12 A & B cabs
Marshall mode 4 4x12 cab
Marshall 4x10 cab
Fender 4x12 cab
Sunn 4x12 cab (love this one)
Eagle Works 4x12 cab

Tons of analog pedals, mostly BOSS brand.
A few different wah's.
And some line 6 pedals too.

Too many guitars to list...

My SETUP?

Epiphone Gothic V with emg 81/85's and
the dual rec through the 1960 A.
Im a purist. :mad: :D :cool:

HungPhat said:
- Gibson Lespaul Custom Cherry Sunburst (went halves with my gf)

So we can all look forward to an apocalyptic custody battle after the breakup? :D

1978 Gibson LP Custom, Tobacco Sunburst-stock, with p/u covers removed, and aftermarket pickguard
1980 Gibson Flying V, Black-bought with a enthusiastically repaired neck (glued at the volute, and pinned at the neck/body joint), original bridge was gone, replaced by a Washburn Wonderbar, with behind-the-nut string lock. Bridge pickup had been replaced by a "mysterybucker" that I finally swapped for a 500T. I repainted it black, and replaced the pickguards with black ones. the neck is very thin, as if it were trimmed during the repair, although I have encountered equally narrow SG's. The body seems as if it were a Slim-Line (which I have never seen reference to) or it was originally topped.
1985-ish BC Rich Bich Usa, Blueburst-Aftermarket Kahler install, some pretty good finish damage, and a goodish bow in the neck, but it still plays and sounds awesome. I'm sending it to Moser when I scrape up some loot.
1988 Jackson Rhoads V, White- Sombody gummed up the headstock and pickguard with wierd sparkley blackish paint, and added a coil tap to the neck where the tone knoob is supposed to be. Kahler bridge.
1988 Jackson Limited Edition, Blue Bowling Ball-Bridge had been replaced with an Autolatched Kahler Spyder, and the pickups with EMG 89 and SA. I added a kill switch. Awesome Swiss Army Guitar, my main axe.
1995-6 Fender Strat, Deep Red, with matching Headstock- bridge pickup is now a Virtual Vintage. I may Bill Lawrence it up. Tuners are now locking Schallers.
2000-ish Ibanez 7-string S series- Transparent Blue, Flame Maple. Stock. No reason to change anything.
2003-ish Martin GTE-16, natural- Damn. Sounds perfect, plugged in or acoustic, almost loud enough to play a medium club unplugged.

Fulltone '69 pedal
Dunlop Hendrix Wah
ADA MP1, one 3TM, one stock (one at a time, mostly 3TM)
Roland GP-16. Weakest link. G Major is on the horizon. Not bad, but lotsa little warts.
Mesa Boogie MkIIb. Boner. I took the chassis out of the gorgeous flame-maple/wicker cab, for fear of its destruction, and built a rack box for it and my other crap.
Marshall 4x12 800 B

Bass:

Kubicki Key Factor 5- a bit of a maintenence hog, but sounds great.
SWR Basic Black
SWR Son of Bertha 1x15
Sansamp Pedal
EH Black Finger Compressor- occasionally noisey, but great when it's behaving itself.

Guitars:
-Gibson SG Standard (in black of course)
-Ibanez NDM

Amp:
-Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket

Pedals:
-Crybaby
-MXR Doubleshot distortion

Soon to have new pickups for the SG, most likely a SD custom custom (bridge) and an alnico 2 pro (neck). Considering getting a MXR Wylde Overdrive and a new wah.

IMO the "custom custom" really really sucks. (get it?) :D

But seriously though, I had a custom custom in my SG and I couldn't of hated it more. It was like the pickup took off from the "midrange" planet and landing on my sg. I hated it!

Back