Guitar Pre-amp advice needed

MarkoPolo

Hey out there, I wanted to purchase a Digitech 2101dsp rack guitar pre-amp but find they have been discontinued. This was a highly recomended unit in its day. Does Digitech make a comparable unit? If not, what other makes/models should I check out keeping in mind my original desire to buy a Digitech 2101 dsp?
Thanks for your help!
Marko

thanks Xstatic for the reply, are there any more opinions out there about something good as a simular piece of gear for Me to check.

As someone who has had to record albums with the 2101 for the guitar rig, I can tell you to stay as far away from this piece of garbage and anything else like it. It is thin, grainy and horribly dated. It doesn't sit well in a mix and will be the thing that makes other people cringe at the sound of anything you do with it.

Definately try the Sansamp PSA-1. I've been using one for over 2 years now and it is one of the better sounding solid state preamps that i've heard for a while. One great feature is the direct out for recording purposes. No amp needed !! Check out the demos at http://www.tech21nyc.com/psa.html - especially the "PSA Heavy" remembering that it was recorded using Direct Out. Nice. :) This is the thing I like about this unit - natural sounding output.

Back