guitar looping pedals.

bedbug

Hello. I'm looking for a pedal for guitar looping, and am a little lost so far. I've read about the Boss Loop Station, and have been a little put off by it's lack of quantinization features. But I'd like to get something in a similar price range.

Anyone have any thoughts on the
Boomerang
Boss Loop Station
Line 6 DL4
Akai Headrush
or other models and their various features?

Howdy,
I saw Phil Keaggy live a couple'months back.....It was pretty amazing. He uses looping extensively, with astounding results.
I'm not sure what he was using, maybe check out his web site
for more info......http://www.philkeaggy.com/
Kevin

I've read that the the Line 6 Delay Modeler is put together kind of cheaply (switches soldered directly to the PC board and whatnot) so you might want to take it into consideration. The looping/phrase sampling on it is really nice though. It has a tap tempo on it as well.

Maybe you'd want to read about what other people thing about them at Harmony-Central's reviews. I don't know if its taboo to suggest that around here, but I've gathered some decent info there. You have to take many reviews with a grain of salt, because its all real world, user-submitted reviewing, and many of them don't have a frame of reference. If you read enough, you'll get a good feel of what a product is like (assuming the product has a lot of reviews).

Speaking of loops (of a totally different variety), has anyone ever experimented with using effects pedals that have multiple outputs (such as the Boss DD-5 and looping them back into themselves? I'm talking like running your guitar into Input A on a DD-5, and Output A into your amp, but then running Output B of the DD-5 out to another effects pedal, like an overdrive or a tremolo or another delay, and then running the output of that into the Input B on the DD-5. Any thoughts on what effects this might provide, or are the A and B inputs treated like stereo L and R inputs where the signals never see one another?

Back