Guitar fetish is alright

jimistone

long standing member
I ordered some parts for my Tele build from guitar fetish. A wilkinson compensated bridge, wilkinson tuners, and string ferrals. I received email notification that the order was received and email notification that the order had shipped. It arrived quickly and was packed very well. The mounting screws for the bridge were missing. I emailed them and they quickly responded to my email, offed an apology and said they would immediately send out the mounting screws. They also said they would send me an email notification as soon as the mounting screws ship and thanked me for doing business with them.

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time and yes they missed the mounting screws with my order...but I am very happy with the speed and professionalism of their customer service.
What more can one ask from a vender when they make a mistake?

Just wanted to pass this info along

I bought a blemished Tele copy from their clearance section. It's a natural finish with black pickguard. Tried to find the blem but it looked fine to me. It wasn't until I took off the pickguard to put one of their Filtertron copies in that I found what looks like a dent from a hammer. No big deal, will never see it with the pickguard on. I also bought a body and neck from their manufacturer buyouts and ordered parts. I have put together a decent partscaster (although not quite finished yet). I agree with you Jimi, they have great customer service and decent products. Their guitars, especially from the clearance section, I think are a steal.

I bought a blemished Tele copy from their clearance section. It's a natural finish with black pickguard. Tried to find the blem but it looked fine to me. It wasn't until I took off the pickguard to put one of their Filtertron copies in that I found what looks like a dent from a hammer. No big deal, will never see it with the pickguard on. I also bought a body and neck from their manufacturer buyouts and ordered parts. I have put together a decent partscaster (although not quite finished yet). I agree with you Jimi, they have great customer service and decent products. Their guitars, especially from the clearance section, I think are a steal.

Yeah the factory buyout stuff is cheap as dirt. I have thought about ordering some of those buyout necks and bodies but they are so cheap I got cold feet.
It seemed to be one of those too good to be true type things.
It's good to hear from someone who has actually bought some of that stuff.
Thanks for posting

At the prices they are offering it's worth a shot. I paid $50 for the neck and body. It's not a Fender or Gibson, but it will be a decent guitar. The only regret I have is that I didn't buy a body that said Stratocaster style. The one I bought looks similar to a strat, but it wasn't and I had to make my own pickguard. PITA!

Did you guys notice any 5 string basses? I'd like to get another one but all I've found is 4 strings there.
Do you have to check them at the right time or do they just not offer 5 strings?

Well I'm never looking for basses so I haven't noticed. But I think they just started carrying basses so maybe if they don't have them now they will eventually. You could always email them and ask. They respond pretty quickly.

I have three of the Xavier guitars - all bought as blems (I think I know what the issue was with one of them, can't find the other 2) - and currently have 5 of their aftermarket pickups installed in various guitars. I've also bought a bunch of their knurled tele knobs for various things. One time they sent me brass when I wanted chrome, but they fixed it without question. I've also got the parts to make myself a kind of weird lap steel type instrument, but haven't quite gotten around to that. I highly recommend them. The simple fact that they have real set neck LP and SG style guitars priced cheaper than most folks' bolt ons...

The proxy at my last job wouldn't let me get to their website, even from my own devices, because it thought it was **** related...

...and apparently I can't type P O R N on this forum. I can type fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck all day long, but not... ???

I've got a blemished tele from them also. Really hard to see some pencil marks through the finish. At least I think that's the blemish. Took it in for a setup and now it plays beautifully. The frets were sticking out the sides a little too far, but the tech dressed them up nicely.

Also, bought a body, neck and a bunch of parts to build a bass. Almost done with it. Dirt cheap and fun to build. Customer service has been pretty good, too. Can't say enough about Guitar Fetish and glad to see others are enjoying a good experience with them.

I have three of the Xavier guitars - all bought as blems (I think I know what the issue was with one of them, can't find the other 2) - and currently have 5 of their aftermarket pickups installed in various guitars. I've also bought a bunch of their knurled tele knobs for various things. One time they sent me brass when I wanted chrome, but they fixed it without question. I've also got the parts to make myself a kind of weird lap steel type instrument, but haven't quite gotten around to that. I highly recommend them. The simple fact that they have real set neck LP and SG style guitars priced cheaper than most folks' bolt ons...

Please let us know about your 'weird lap steel' build when you get it done (pictures of the process would be good)!

So I emailed em, as suggested, about 5 string basses and they said they've been kicking around the idea and are looking into pups and stuff. I guess to make sure it'll still be feasible at the rates they charge.

So I be checking back there now and then. I'll post something here in case someone else is interested.
:)

definitely. :)
Post pics when you get going.

I mean, no pressure or anything but....

MOVE IT! :mad:

:D
I'll get right on that! :thumbs up:

I've had the parts for a year and half, maybe two... It's gonna have a roller bridge at each end, a whammy bar, one of those humbucking filtertron type things they sell, and I'm thinking of sticking a sustain driver coil on there.

I'll get right on that! :thumbs up:

I've had the parts for a year and half, maybe two... It's gonna have a roller bridge at each end, a whammy bar, one of those humbucking filtertron type things they sell, and I'm thinking of sticking a sustain driver coil on there.

Well get moving on it :mad:
I'm interested in seeing/hearing this thing. :D

They sent the bridge mount screws just like they said they would along with an Allen wrench for the saddles

I've ordered several things from those guys - pickups, tuner, and an OD pedal - and they're cool. Their pups leave a little to be desired, but I know they don't make them so it's cool. And they're pretty damn cheap so no complaints. The OD pedal is cool and has 2 gain stages, which I like.
Their customer service is very good in my experience.

Glad they got back to you Dogbreath. That's cool that they are at least thinking of it.

Now I have a problem with the neck I bought. I thought that the nut was already cut for stringing it up. But as I put the strings on it was obvious that there a grooves, but very shallow. So anyone have an easy way to cut the string slots? I'm hoping there is an easy way, but I'll be pessimistic and just accept it won't be easy. Thanks.

Has anyone tried their strings? They look like a good deal.

Most of the hardware I've bought lately has been direct from China. You can save about 50% when you cut out the importer. It usually arrives in 2 to 3 weeks.

So anyone have an easy way to cut the string slots?
Cutting the slots is easy, but the files you need to do it are expensive.

Back