Guitar/Bass instructions on the process of setting up.

Atom Bomb

Wtf is a PRS
*TO THE POINT*

I am looking for step by step instructions on setting up guitars and basses.

I'd like to ask the folks on here that do this themselves, where is a good place to start looking. I would prefer video over text and photos. Doesn't necessarily have to be streaming. A DVD would be fantastic.

I know and understand how to do some of the steps if treated as their own project. But i don't think that is the right course of action. Like, if my intonation is out i just don't fix that and start recording again cause it can throw out something else am i right?

So Step by Step if possible.

*THE BACK STORY, SKIP IF YOU DON'T CARE*

Living in the dry northwest of Canada has taken a mean toll on my stuff. I bought most of what i have when i lived on the east coast Very Humid and almost perfect for me. I only ever took my stuff to a guitar tech once year. Maybe two years. NOW, out here i have had each one in 3 times this year. And i don't know what the count was last year. He gave me a recipe for home made humidifiers and that seems to have helped a bit but. . . .

I refuse to shell out $900+ to a tech in 2012 if the option to do it myself is there.

I am not so much a newb when it comes to guitars i have been playing since i was 14 (lol @ three chord punk) so i have the gist of importance of action, intonation, pick up heights and such. I am a little leary of neck adjustments but i am confident that i can do this.

Back