Guitar AMP recording?

Wack

Hey guys, up untill now I have never really recorded guitar or bass through an amp and into my recorder (aside from just messing with it never put it on a cD). What I'm wondering is does it give the song more power psysically? If I record through amps will it make it cleaner and not such a RAW guitar sound? My recorder has many many effects for guitars and bass. But honestly they just sound fake. I'd rather use the real distortion from my pedal through amp. The problem I had while testing it was the feedback from the amp was being recorded, but with the internal effects, no feedback is added. I realize the feedback does give it a more 'real' effect. But its making the recordings sound sloppy.

If your guitar is feeding back, and you don't want it to, turn it or the amp down.

Or move farther away from it.

Amps a pretty generally accepted as easier to get a better sound out of than software modelers.

Yep, move the amp further away from the guitar. Almost any amp should be able to play without feed back.

I prefer real amps over modelers, almost 100% of the time.

apparently

The best thing to do is to point your preferably dynamic mic at one of the cones at a 45 degree angle, and obviously face the pickups away from the amp when you play

Back