Guild JF-3012

RandyW

Anyone seen or played this new 12 string. It looks like one of their middle of the road to perhaps low end models, but is sure is purdy.
I'd like to know where this baby is made I'm kind of in USA buying mood.
GAD, Guild American Design? then that would mean made somewhere else.
GAD, guild Acoustic Design?
I guess Fender bought the company out so if anybody knows anything about these GAD series please speak up.

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/guildgadjf3012iceteaburst-p-22886.html?language=gb

The GAD series is made in China, AFAIK. I have an older JF-30-12 which was made back East. I use it for DADGAD, and it sounds pretty good. I haven't played a GAD series Guild yet, so I can't personally comment, but I have heard other players say they are a pretty good bang for your buck.

Love the old USA(pre fender) Guilds! Used to have an F-20? It was the most balanced and loud small bodied guitar I have ever owned!

They made a few in Corona, CA before moving production to the factory where they build Tacoma's (Washington State, I think).

I have the 6 string version, one of the last ones made in RI. I love that guitar.

Looks like a couple grand for an american model. I don't really have any problems buying chinese but I'll probably hold off on the Guild for a while.
I played fender, takamine, martin and breedlove 12 strings "low end models" at GC. Then I ran across a yamaha fg 12 string which sounder better to me than the previous.
I bought it to hold be over till I get a chance to play some high end guilds.
The yamie sounded great I just wish it had the wider neck like the breedlove.
The breedlove I played was the maple laminate back and sides and concert body not enough sound. I loved the neck and fret board though I would love to hear a warmer wood model.

I hadn't played a 12 string for over 30 years and it really seems inspirational to play one again.

Well I ordered a Guild today, I decided to try out a GAD G212. I wanted a mahogany body instead of the maple. Maple body's I tryed didn't really have the sound I was looking for to much of a mandolin sound I have 6 mandolins all with solid maple. If the Guild is considerably better than the Yamaha then I'll return the Yamaha. If not I guess I'll have to keep the both. The yamie has a real nice sustain and nice action. The Nato sides, back and neck have a very interesting sound.

Back