Guess the gear game

tallman

Forgive me if this post is a duplicate, I posted a few minutes ago, and I can't find the thread anywhere.. anyhoo:

I believe this is the first mix I am posting on HomerRecording.com for criticism. Any comments, positive, negative, or positive are welcome ;)

Bear in mind that this mix was done on minimal gear with just a crappy set of headphones, and some home-stereo speakers. I imagine bass management might be a problem since I can't really hear it on this gear, but I'd still appreciate comments.

After a few comments, I'll post a gear-list on what was used for this recording, but I'd also be VERY interested in hearing your guesses, so please take a guess.. on recording gear, guitar & bass gear, microphones, etc... consider it a game.

alright, I'll play.

totally guessing...
guitar: pod
drums: sequenced
mic: sm57

like to Chris Cornell -ish vocal

I couldn't guess what gear was used on one of my OWN mixes, lol. Just posting to say that I think it was tracked well. I also think the low end is under control...it's really pretty balanced, and it's not woofing out in the low mids or anything. It's a good mix on my monitors. It's HYPER-Limited I think, although I haven't looked at the wave file...it just seems pretty hot, and it does fatigue the ears just a bit as a result.

Anyway, I'm always interested in how people record/mix. If you used shit gear, then keep using it, lol.

Back