Grounding for outlet

sammol

I need a clear instruction for this.

I've read somewhere that I need to bury a metal rod (about 6 ft.) to the ground and attach a wire to it.

Is this correct?

What type of wire should I use?

What type of wire should I use?

Copper 59.6 × 106

Or silver 63.0 × 106 Best electrical conductor of any known metal ..... just let me know where you live if you use silver. :D

Then there is ..... Gold 45.2 × 106 Gold which is commonly used in electrical contacts because it does not easily corrode.
Aluminium 37.8 × 106 is Commonly used for high voltage electricity distribution cables.

But then All conductors at room temperature have some resistance. When you cool stuff down to near absolute zero degrees Kelvin, they become superconductors, with no resistance. If I recall , hydrogen is considered a metal.

Here is a small reference table of metals resistance;

resistivity Ag 15.9e-9 Ω-m
resistivity Cu 17.2e-9 Ω-m or 17.2e-6 ohm-mm
resistivity Au 22.14e-9 Ω-m
resistivity Al 28.2e-9 Ω-m
resistivity brass 35e-9 Ω-m
resistivity W 56e-9 Ω-m
resistivity Zn 68e-9 Ω-m
resistivity Ni 69e-9 Ω-m
resistivity Fe 100e-9 Ω-m

I can tell you right now that running a separate ground wire for one outlet...appart from the main box...
...is against code. So, if you have a fire, you're f*cked w/insurance....though technically it would work OK.

If you really want to do something for audio power...run a clean line from the main box to an outlet (or several)...that way the Hot, Neutral and Ground are all connected correctly...at the box.

There cannot be two paths to ground. Ever. I dont know where you live but if you have an operating outlet then there already is a ground of some sort. Miraslov has the right idea.

Back