Groove Tube Brick and KSM32?...wanna upgrade

goldencd

I have been using a KSm 32 for 3 or 4 years. I am a using the mic for vocals only on mostly hiphop tracks. I record in protools and just got a Brick tube pre. I really want to upgrade my mic, but am stuck reading about all the options.

right now I am between a baby bottle, ksm44 or ???
I don't know. Are they worth the upgrade? is the blue more looks than function? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Again, mainly vocals with a brick...but used for acoustic guitar also, once in a while.

goldencd said:
I have been using a KSm 32 for 3 or 4 years. I am a using the mic for vocals only on mostly hiphop tracks. I record in protools and just got a Brick tube pre. I really want to upgrade my mic, but am stuck reading about all the options.

right now I am between a baby bottle, ksm44

Neither one of those is an upgrade, pretty much the same quality with different sounds.

Basically, anything that sounds better on your voice could be considered an upgrade.

Whether that's a Brauner, Telefunken, or even a Radio Shack or Mr. Microphone. :D

Your challenge is to figure out just what that is, and you might have to use some creativity.

I'm assuming you want to upgrade your vocal mic, not the pre. In any event, set your budget range first. Identify many mics in that budget range. Post again with your list. You should get some comment on those particular mics at that point. Make a short list of candidates. You'll still need to try them out before purchasing the new mic.

I own or have owned all three mics. Out of the three I think the KSM44 is more flattering to more voices than either the KSM32 or Baby Bottle. Of course, there are always exceptions.

Terry

I was thinking that

I figured that maybe the extra 100 bucks wouldn't afford much of an upgrade.

Does anyone know anything about the AKG SolidTube Condesor. Is this in the same ballpark as the blue baby bottle and ksm 44? or is it a much nicer mic?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Peace

Back