Greg L to be banned

...and some day I hope to aspire to the level of accordion player, or maybe trombone.
Some day. :)

I've played some accordion. Not well, but I can play basic stuff on it. They're a lot of fun. I have a trombone in my closet that I swore I'd teach myself to play, but so far I can only make dying elephant noises.

I'm not trying to be insulting. Just combined accordion with Ramones and got this tribute. It's actually quite nice.

I wonder sometimes if a sufficient number of attractive individuals gather in a location and look interested, that it will attract more people, who will also presumably pretend to be interested in something like those other people, etc, which will attract more people... Like waiting in a line because there must be something good at the end if all these people are in line, right? And this might explain the phenomenon of pop music.

What kind of meta-performance is this?

That guy in the video was cool. I want to learn to play the sax. I may buy one when I get home later this week.

And the blue make up all across the girl's forehead; that was cool too. I want to do that too.

But for real, I want to buy a sax in the next few weeks.

But for real, I want to buy a sax in the next few weeks.
be SURE to get one that plays ..... have someone check it out or get it from somewhere you trust.
If it has leaks you will NOT be able to play it .... they can be impossible for me to play so you'd have no chance.
Yamahas and Vitos are good student horns you can prolly find used for 350 or so ... maybe a little more for a good one.

It's not like guitar .... you can't just squeeze a little harder or get out your tools and set it up.
If it needs setting up a sax guy will have to do that.

Don't want to scare you off though ...... it's a great instrument.
And considered the easiest wind instrument to learn because of a sane fingering system.

Good to know. Thanks and not scared off. I was just perusing CL and there are a lot available. Tis the season with school bands starting soon. I know a good repair shop nearby where we had some work done on my son's trumpet, so if need be, they can set up a sax for me. They might even have something on consignment. Will have to check that out.

Good to know. Thanks and not scared off. I was just perusing CL and there are a lot available. Tis the season with school bands starting soon. I know a good repair shop nearby where we had some work done on my son's trumpet, so if need be, they can set up a sax for me. They might even have something on consignment. Will have to check that out.

We'll have to get that collab thing finished before you get proficient... :laughings:

I'll be home this weekend.

I've been promising the kid we would do some recording together. We've been listening to Herb Alpert lately and stuff like that, trying to find some tunes we can do. Hence the sax.

So yeah, we gotta finish the collab before I get started with him.
And I gotta finish the bass I'm building as well.
Oh, and it's back to work next week. God knows what trips they scheduled for me while I was gone. :(

be SURE to get one that plays ..... have someone check it out or get it from somewhere you trust.
If it has leaks you will NOT be able to play it .... they can be impossible for me to play so you'd have no chance.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good lord, this^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back