Greetings All - Don't Know Why (Nora Jones Cover)

StuGort

My studio has been down for quite a while now but it's up and running again...mostly. I recorded this about a year ago without the studio. It's fairly crude but I'm posting it as an introduction with hopes of producing more music soon. I have Nora in my music rotation out in my shop. I can't NOT sing to this song so I made a quick cover.

Vocal is a little pitchy...I know. It's nothing Melodyne can't fix after I upgrade my Sonar. :)

Last edited:
The guitar tone strikes me as beautiful immediately.
Oooh and that's a smooth voice.

You should post more here.

The guitar tone strikes me as beautiful immediately.
Oooh and that's a smooth voice.

You should post more here.

Thanks.

I have about 20 mixes going back some years. Maybe I'll do a few of those. I won't spam the place. :) I'm working on something now. That will go up for sure.

Hey Bud!

Nice to see that you're jumping back into things. Lovely job on this. The guitar could come up slightly.

(Stu and I collaborate often)

A bit of de-esser wouldn't hurt. It's a lovely tune. Nice cover too. Second listening: I'm not hearing pitch issues. You must have bat ears.

A bit of de-esser wouldn't hurt. It's a lovely tune. Nice cover too. Second listening: I'm not hearing pitch issues. You must have bat ears.

Oh...it's definitely pitchy....not by much but it bugs me.

My recent upgrade of Sonar included a terrific pitch corrector. This might be a good tune to really test it on. Nora Jones is such a phenomenal singer. This tune fails when pitch isn't perfect but she absolutely NAILS it. Listen to her sing it and then me....I think you'll hear it then.

Lol....if I fix it I might as well fix the the chorus and verse structure...which I got our of order. I slapped this one together. :)

Nice vocal on this one. It's strange to hear it from a male singer. It sounds a little like M. Ward doing Norah Jones. I doted on that album for a while after I first heard it, she has one of the sexiest voices that's come along in a long while.

The guitar sounds a little brittle, like a piezo pickup on an acoustic...but through a nice Fender amp. It still has the tiniest hint of grit to it. I wouldn't mind hearing it either with some of the highs rolled off on the guitar, or on the amp. But still this is a great performance, I really like your voice.

Nice vocal on this one. It's strange to hear it from a male singer. It sounds a little like M. Ward doing Norah Jones.

Thanks....I'd never heard of M. Ward before. He's got that throaty tone...kind of like Nora. That's not my usual style of singing. I was trying out a style.

You're right about the guitar. That tune calls out for a classic archtop tone which is hard to get on my rig.

Last edited:
Back