Green Dragon (dark-hiphop/electronic)

The kick is so much louder than everything else. I'd bring it back in line with the other tracks. I'd raise the synth level a bit.

Sorry, I was too brief.

I meant I like the sound of the tune. But the song doesn't really go anywhere, there are no vocals or anything so I kind of lost interest in it.

To make it better, I'd try mixing up the drums more and adding a vocal to it - when you're new at this, adding a vocal puts more pressure on you as the mixer since you've got to balance everything out. In today's music, the vocal is forefront and you have to figure out how to get the rest of your instruments to be properly heard in the background.

It's all a journey!

Tim

I apologize if I wasn't clear the first time. If you need any help with anything, the people here are:

1. very smart (when it comes to music, most aren't not "string theory" smart)
  2. very helpful, and
  3. very experienced

They may not always be "into" your genre, but they do their best to accommodate all styles and all users.

Timbo

I second the kick being a little too loud.

This sounds cool, but I also second that it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Are you writing radio play stuff or is this more along the lines of something you would see in a movie soundtrack? Are you planning on adding vocals?

Back