Great looking machine!!

Chilljam

transitional phase
Tascam 32 Reel To Reel/ Tape Recorder/ Tape Deck (eBay item 160524425260 end time 05-Jan-11 07:56:54 AEDST) : Electronics

I have personally witnessed this guy sell over 20 machines on eBay over the last 24 months. Amazing to believe that EVERY single one of the machines that he has sold he has claimed to be completely functioning and in perfect condition. Although I have only bought one machine off him (a Tascam 32... didn't look like this though!!), from looking at the pictures, his machines are never missing anything and most barely have a scratch on them.... and he has all this positive feedback on his eBay account. He calls himself a 'collector and restorer' of these classic machines.

Yes he sells only prosumer machines (tascam, revox, fostex) and at a bit of a premium IN COMPARISON to other eBay listings (usually prices his machines between 500 - 900 dollars), but really to me, there is no seller eBay or outside of eBay that I trust more to buy a tape deck from (especially after buying the 32 off him in absolutely stunning condition and with so little use... exactly as he described it).

This Tascam 32 looks incredible, thought you guys might have liked it. This guy to me, is like a 'aussie sweetbeats' hehe :D just the attention to detail reminds me so much of sweetbeats. Would be great if this guy was a member of this forum, I am sure his experience would be very useful for us all.

Maybe it's just me, but that yellow paint job and chromed top panel look weird and make me wonder what happened to it that they needed to do that to it? I'd rather have the stock brown finish.

Cheers! :)

Back