got the old band back together...

Fmmahoganyrush

Pleads the 5th...
I was playing my usual gig on St. Paddy's day, and around the end of the second set, who walks in but my bandmate from 10 years ago. After we split, there may have been some bad blood, and then we just got busy with our own things, so we totally lost contact for around ten years (and We were best friends since pre-school). Anyway, I talk to him at the end of the night and ask if he'd be interested in gigging again. He said he'd have to check some things out and he'd get back to me. I figured that was a polite no. Two days later, he emails me a pic of a real nice Washburn SBF80, and say's he's in. It's been sorta like riding a bike, that you fall off of alot, but hey, We're gonna hit it for Cinco de Mayo and the night after, and then do a day gig on May 7th over at the Farm (an Arts and Crafter's fair.). It's only one day... this year. We hope to fill up that 300 acre piece of open land with this thing eventually. We'll see :confused:

well, we made it through the first two gigs after only three practice sessions. I'd say it went off as well as could be expected considering I had to get through it with a wicked case of brochitis (which, I guess I should be counting my blessings because Kathy is layed up with pnumonia :( )... nothing that a quart of cough syryp with codine can't fix... or at least make it so you don't care ;) . I taped the shows so we could sit down and see where we need to fine tune stuff, but overall, considering it's been ten years since we did any of this shit, it all came out pretty good, and can only get better. The crowd in this place likes me anyway, so realistically, we could have gone in there and stunk up the place, and they would have still gotten drunk and had a good time. You gotta love a gig like that! The craft show thing at the farm was postponed till next weekend (thank god). We do covers, but I'll get a rough mix of something over in the clinic at some point for shits and giggles, and those of you coming to JamFest will certainly get to meet Ken. :)

Hey, it's great that things are working. If you get a chance, post some of it so we can hear it! I miss gigging, but there is no hope of getting my band back together since two of them died in '83....

Any of the groups I was with after that were just not the same (mainly because I wasn't).

I wish you continued success! :D

Back