GOT TAPE?

MO ELEMENT

USED TO BE EASY TO FIND 1/2" OPEN REEL TAPE
BACK IN TEXAS. NOW THAT I'M OUT HERE ON THE CENTRAL COAST OF CALIFORNIA IT'S LIKE SOME KIND OF EXTINCT SPECIES. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE IT CAN BE FOUND?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FER YER HEP

I've found it at both Sam Ash and Victor's House of Music (large East Coast retailers), so I would be confident that a large chain retailer would have it or could get it. One caveat: It will sell for $38 for a 2500' reel of 456. Go to TapeTape.com or Tape.com to get it more cheaply (a bulk carton of 7 reels gets you a 30% discount off that $38). I've never used one pass tape, but if you want to experiment for $18 a reel, let me know how it works!

MO ELEMENT said:
USED TO BE EASY TO FIND 1/2" OPEN REEL TAPE
BACK IN TEXAS. NOW THAT I'M OUT HERE ON THE CENTRAL COAST OF CALIFORNIA IT'S LIKE SOME KIND OF EXTINCT SPECIES. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE IT CAN BE FOUND?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FER YER HEP

Try Markertek.

http://www.markertek.com

They are one of the biggest Audio and Video dealers around.
Ask them for a catalog, it's a killer place for parts and stuf as well.

Tim

thanks for the info !
i checked out all of the suppliers.
tapes on the way! one pass is alleged to be commercial studio stuff that has been used (recorded on and played back) one time only, passing product to other format.
bill hallmark at tapetape said he gets it from production studios in l.a. and does bulk degaussing.
i ordered some from him as well but he never called me back
with the tracking number, we'll see what happens. also ordered on line from nrs in brooklyn. waiting for that as well.
love this site and appreciate the help
mo

Back