Got my Sputnik and Im Not used to this

gethypedmusic

You Have No Idea.....
Hi I thought id be fine because I used to have no problems using my USB microphone but I got my sputnik in the mail yesterday and i have it plugged in to my MOTU Traveler.

It sounds AMAZING! I love the sound especially compared to a $60 USB mic ive used for over a year and half.

My problem is... When I record with it over a beat for R and B vocals for my friend the Recording is Not loud enough to match the beat.... ANd if i turn the preamp up its still not loud enough and easily hits the peak... It does this on multiple beats.....

Is my best option to lower the beats volume.... Match it with the mics volume then when mixing down raise the whole songs volume up? Just a little confused to this Mic with preamp journey i just started on! Thanks guys!

Is my best option to lower the beats volume.... Match it with the mics volume then when mixing down raise the whole songs volume up? Just a little confused to this Mic with preamp journey i just started on! Thanks guys!

Yes, that sounds good. do whatever it takes to track it right and mix it when it's all down. sounds like those beats might be a bit hot.

Ya the beats are pretty loud ill just lower them and then record and raise the volume when im all finished hopefully it doesnt get any noise when i boost it though. Thanks

Any other advice : )

Back