good use for extra computer?

mweyandt

Hello,

I recently upgraded from an old Indigo 400 MHz G3 iMac to a 12" PowerBook. I was planning on selling the iMac to the highest bidder, but is there any home-studio-type use I could put it to that would be worth more than the few hundred dollars i might get from it?

Thanks,
Mike

I have a "B" system here that is an emergency backup if my main system goes down.

All my internet, QuickBooks, graphics programs - Anything I don't need on my main system is on that "B" system. It also doubles as a server.

If you can still surf and everything with the old unit, use it to keep your new one "clean."

I also use my "old computer" as a B system.

I've never had to use it for a back-up - but I do use it for any internet work, word processive, etc. This way my main system is dedicated 100% to recording.

Yup .... I'd keep it too.
One can never have to many computers. Well maybe you could, but a few extras won't hurt.
Yet I think I'm addicted to them .... got 5 now and enough guts to slap a sixth together. All of which could be pressed into DAW use if the need arose.

I don't know squat about Mac's, but with my PC laptop I can use RealVNC to control my main rackmount DAW from the the tracking room. Makes for a slick remote control.

Back