Good recording headphones

chaaaaaa

I need a good set of recording headphones. I do 99 per cent of my recording in Acid Pro 2.0.
I have a medium budget.
I work with a lot of electronic beats, but also some electric guitar. Are specific headphones I should be looking for?
What do you people suggest?

What's up chaX6.

You might want to do a Topic Search on this BBS.

There is a multitude of info on this topic(headphones).

Here is some more info for you from my perspective. :D

Headphones are constructed to make music sound good.

So, sometimes the headphones LIE to you. Sometimes you are not hearing what you think you are hearing.

That why it is a good idea to reference your music from a few different sources.

So, you will be able to judge and accomodate what you are hearing in relaton to how you actually want your music to sound.

Do you feel me chaX6???

This is what I do...

If it is late at night I will probably construct my song with my headphones on.

During the day I reference with my Event 20/20 monitors.

I will periodically during my session turn on and off different pairs of monitors (I also have some Mackie's, Alesis, and KLH).

Then, I'll go into my wife's car and check out the mix.

Then I'll get into my car (I have an awesome sound system...with lots of low end) and turn up the volume. :D

Then, I go down to one of the clubs that I dj at and listen to it on a big system.

Now, I am hearing the music in an atmosphere that I know I am creating it for (I make House/Dance music and Hip-Hop).

Now, I have a reference. If I want it to sound a certain way in the clubs then I know how it needs to sound in my headphones.

Do you understand what I am trying to share with you?

In the headphones it might sound as if I don't have enough bass, but when I hear it in the club it would have a little bit too much bass.

Sorry, about the long post.....:)

P.S. purchase some good reference monitors.

Peace out...

SPIN

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the headphones...:D

I will let you know that I am on a budget, so I don't have $1,200.00 headphones.

But, I do use three (3) seperate pair.

Again, because different references provide you with different perspectives. :)

I use...

SONY 7506's

SONY MDR-V700

SONY MDR-V900

They cost between $90 and $160 each.

spin

Flat....Flat....Flat.... what u hear is what u got on tape or disc. Good,bad or indifferent - I want to hear the truth. My ears like AKG 270's.... very pricey tho

Back