good guitar with 57 / 58 and isolation

cat-eggs

hey, fags i'm making a new record and i'm not going to put a lot of time into the recording. i would like your opinions if you got any, on recording a good sounding acoustic guitar and vocal track simultaneously with: i only have a 57 and a 58. so i don't have any isolation between them and it aint good. when i record to tape it sounds okay/bad, but digital sounds fucked up. i like the 57 on my voice tracks, the 58 on my guitar kind of blows. i got a fishman pickup but i don't know about that. i'm want more acousticy and real guitar. i want what it sounds like at the beginning of muswell hillbillies or any lovin spoonful shit or the acoustic guitar on exile on main st

any position tips?my songs kick ass but the recordings are really blowing hard

any info and secrets would be a #1

i'm not buying new microphones so give me infos and secrest if you got some, not shopping list

thanks,
j. mccorn

jeez...is this for real?

"hey fags" ?

"i'm making a new record and i'm not going to put a lot of time into the recording"

"my songs kick ass but the recordings are really blowing hard"

wtf?

categgs. some ideas.
demo sometime before you buy a cad LDC mic into a rane ms1b pre.
but use good sound card (what u using ?).
for cheaper ( now this is rock bottom price ok ?) 150 bucks.
but itll get you going. CAD gxl into a samson mic pre.
now some diss this stuff and i dont know if you will like the sound
but its better than nothing. and certainly a million miles better than when i started off.
note - if your doing lovin spoonfull stuff try a nicely set up 12 string electric
or acoustic(with pickup) into an old amp. a 6 string just dont have the same impact.
record two tracks using counterpoint harmony chord inversions.
eg....if one track is playing an E chord in the open positon on the next track
try a barre E inversion up higher.
12 strings can really add impact. try a pinch of chorus as well.
peace.

categgs. some ideas.
demo sometime before you buy a cad LDC mic into a rane ms1b pre.
but use good sound card (what u using ?).
for cheaper ( now this is rock bottom price ok ?) 150 bucks.
but itll get you going. CAD gxl into a samson mic pre.
now some diss this stuff and i dont know if you will like the sound
but its better than nothing. and certainly a million miles better than when i started off.
note - if your doing lovin spoonfull stuff try a nicely set up 12 string electric
or acoustic(with pickup) into an old amp. a 6 string just dont have the same impact.
record two tracks using counterpoint harmony chord inversions.
eg....if one track is playing an E chord in the open positon on the next track
try a barre E inversion up higher.
12 strings can really add impact. try a pinch of chorus as well.
peace.

awesome, manning i'll try it. i'm using a turtle beach soundcard. i get okay sounding songs with it when i take my time and dutifully tend to detail. but i'm more concerned with my awesome songs time around. the chord inversions, if i get what you're saying, seems like a good/weird thing to try so i will. i'm probably going to tape, though. tascam 424. thanks, see you later

categgs, a 424 is pretty limiting. if you post your computer confign
i'll offer suggestions. a good 2ghz plus machine will blow a 424 away
for tracks and flexibilty. consider getting a better sound card.
if you want THAT TAPE SOUND. an old trick is to do some bed tracks
on the pc then put the bed mix out to tape then bring back into pc ,
noise reduce. then overdub your other tracks.
there are many ways to get the tape sound using a pc.

Why don't you play the guitar first, then sing. Complete and total isolation that way. (just to be sure, put the guitar in the other room while singing)

Otherwise, I would use the 58 for your voice and point the 57 at the 12th fret. Eat the 58 and put the 57 as close to the guitar as you can without getting in your way.

Back