Good Garageband Alternative for Beginner?

DayZWar

I've been messing around with this for a few weeks now but I picked up a few books and I'm looking to make a proper go of this. I actually know a bunch of paid DJs (from working 6 days at a nightclub) and I have a shot of really making something for myself.

I was told to start learning the basics of a DAW and I've been playing around with Garageband on my old Mac. Now I'm getting myself organised and I'm on a Windows laptop so I was looking for an alternative. I found some suggestions here and here but there's really just too much choice and I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

I'm ok with complexity and a learning curve but ideally I'd like something which I can start learning now which isn't going to limit me too much in the future. If it was similar to Garageband in interface and worked on both Mac and PC that would be a bonus.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this and I'm putting the work in myself - I just want to make sure I'm working with the right tools!

I don't think you'll find something much like GarageBand that works in Windows. Based only on what I've been seeing, I would say Reaper is probably your best bet. Lots of users & inexpensive. Look at system requirements, though, as it may not work on your "old Mac" if it's really old.
REAPER | Download

Back