Good films?

Off-topic, I just realized the guy who got the ban-hammer was quoting me because I was thanking all the military for doing what they do, regardless if I think they should be there or not, the military guys don't have a choice btw....End of rant....:)

On-topic, saw "Dracula Untold" a few days ago, & it was ok, same story with a little different twist, but it still doesn't compare to "Bram Stoker's Dracula" from the 90's, that's by far my favorite Dracula flick....

Off-topic, I just realized the guy who got the ban-hammer was quoting me because I was thanking all the military for doing what they do, regardless if I think they should be there or not, the military guys don't have a choice btw....End of rant....:)

On-topic, saw "Dracula Untold" a few days ago, & it was ok, same story with a little different twist, but it still doesn't compare to "Bram Stoker's Dracula" from the 90's, that's by far my favorite Dracula flick....

His quote of your statement had nothing to do with the hammer. Or in this case, the little plastic one that I borrowed from my 2 year old. Just a little vacation/time out. :)

M

You dont have a choice to join the military??

Don't remember if somebody already mentioned it, but has anyone seen Whiplash? I caught it the other week (rented for 99 cents lol), and I thought as far as movies about music go that it was one of the best I have seen. It's about a first-year jazz drummer attending conservatory. Pretty great, won some Oscars too. Like most music movies, what you see on screen sometimes doesn't always match with what you hear (although this is during some vicious jazz drum solos, so it's understandable for the actor lol), but it didn't take away from the movie at all for me. Check it out if you can!

Don't remember if somebody already mentioned it, but has anyone seen Whiplash? I caught it the other week (rented for 99 cents lol), and I thought as far as movies about music go that it was one of the best I have seen. It's about a first-year jazz drummer attending conservatory. Pretty great, won some Oscars too. Like most music movies, what you see on screen sometimes doesn't always match with what you hear (although this is during some vicious jazz drum solos, so it's understandable for the actor lol), but it didn't take away from the movie at all for me. Check it out if you can!
Not saw that one yet, but I've seen the previews quite a few times, & it looks like it might be pretty good....Guess I'll have to check that one out....

Oh yeah, broke out my "Crossroads" dvd a few days ago....Not the Brittney Spears shit, the old 80's movie with the Karate Kid & the old bluesman...Old movie, I saw it when I was a teenager dozens of times, but I still like it. There's some great guitar work all through that movie IMO, Ry Cooder & Vai.....That movie plus the bass player in the band I was in at the time is what got me into playing slide guitar...

So theres a war in Iraq

Dont join up if you dont want sent to Iraq

Before Iraq dont join up if you dont want sent to wars like Iraq..

Its that simple

Poltergeist 2015 is just an awful, awful, AWFUL film. As remakes go, this is nearly as bad as Stallone's Get Carter!

Not really a film but a BBC three episode series called "Our World War" on Netflix

was pretty good, I think the first two were the best about the brit defeat at Mons and desertion...not a huge budget but very decent production values. Plus the first world war is always more interesting than yet another Nazi documentary

Not really a film but a BBC three episode series called "Our World War" on Netflix

was pretty good, I think the first two were the best about the brit defeat at Mons and desertion...not a huge budget but very decent production values. Plus the first world war is always more interesting in yet another Nazi documentary

I love WWI stuff. It is an interesting war in that it was like half modern, with crude tanks and planes, and half old world, with people still riding horses and shit. And those fucking trenches...oh my God, that had to be the worst shit ever.

I love WWI stuff. It is an interesting war in that it was like half modern, with crude tanks and planes, and half old world, with people still riding horses and shit. And those fucking trenches...oh my God, that had to be the worst shit ever.

totly....it was like they didnt know how to fight it...the last episode is about tanks....something like 420 take part in the battle and 28 survive...but theyre manned like small battleships with guys sticking guns out holes in the side.

makes modern warfare look comfortable and safe

Most of the poor buggers didn't know how to fight. They were like lambs to the slaughter, mostly.

I'll look that program up. :thumbs up:

most of our professional army was spanked at Mons, so conscripts hurriedly filled their boots

The second episode is about "Pals" brigades where entire offices/friends would join up...my football club did this and many of the first team were killed. My Grandads four brothers were killed in one battle...seems insane now. My Grandad was too young but was a bombardier in WWII. Just before he was deployed he was called back to the pits, as they needed miners more than soldiers....the pit collapsed on him, lucky white heather or what?

most of our professional army was spanked at Mons, so conscripts hurriedly filled their boots

The second episode is about "Pals" brigades where entire offices/friends would join up...my football club did this and many of the first team were killed. My Grandads four brothers were killed in one battle...seems insane now. My Grandad was too young but was a bombardier in WWII. Just before he was deployed he was called back to the pits, as they needed miners more than soldiers....the pit collapsed on him, lucky white heather or what?

My home town had a battalion like that called the 'Grimsby Chums'. Nearly all of them all died on the first day of the Somme. I went and looked at the place they died - they set off a mine under the German trench and blew a massive hole in the ground, which this battalion all ran into. The hole's still there - it's massive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_Chums

Lochnagar_Crater_Ovillers.JPG

Back