Good films?

Not cinema I know (and Danish rather than Swedish) but have you watched either series of The Killing KC? Pretty damn good stuff, just coming to the end of series 2 now.

I like the slow pace and layered storyline - even the American remake in Seattle was good apart from the ridiculous ending.

Other than that I've done a lot of flying recently, so seen a lot of films:

Moneyball - good solid film, even if (like me) you know nowt about baseball

Captain America - too damn long, but entertaining in parts. Main reason I watched it was because we saw all the 50s New York scenes being filmed in Manchester a while back.

Trolljegeren - low budget Norwegian film about a trollhunter all filmed on handheld cameras. Well worth a watch.

Drive - had been looking forward to seeing this for ages, but couldn't hear any of the dialogue over the sound of the engine and reluctantly gave up.

Ill check that out Rob :)

trollhunter's a little gem I reckon......

For wierd, cheesy fun:
Real Genius
Buckaroo Banzai
Big Trouble In Little China

+1 for:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Let Me In
Unstoppable
Iron Man

Other suggestions:
There Will Be Blood
True Grit (Coen version)
3:10 to Yuma
Phone Booth
From Dusk To Dawn
The Hunger

I love big trouble in little china....hokem at its best :)

3:10 is a great remake...very cool western

I was gonna post "passion of the christ" but Im afraid the thread may be removed and I may be threatened with yet another ban :rolleyes:

<golf clap>

I was gonna post "passion of the christ" but Im afraid the thread may be removed and I may be threatened with yet another ban :rolleyes:

<golf clap>

It was good and all but just like his other movie good movie Apocalypto - the dialogue in a dead language leaves it one to be desired. Gibson said that he would never do another movie but in English.
That and Mad Max who can understand those aussies anyway! :p

I saw The Eagle last night.

Visually pretty impressive, but the dialog was somewhat weak. I thought the whole thing should've been darker or something. Seemed odd that everyone had American accents in a film taking place in 150 A.D.

Not like the Romans are going to speak Latin in the film, but usually they put on British accents to at least make it seem more serious somehow. Not sure how that works? If the Romans did have British accents though, I wondered if people in the U.K. would've been like, "oh, that's so cheesy!"?

It was good and all but just like his other movie good movie Apocalypto - the dialogue in a dead language leaves it one to be desired. Gibson said that he would never do another movie but in English.
That and Mad Max who can understand those aussies anyway! :p
Mad Max is one of my most watched films ever...the original version I watched was the US version where they dubbed the accents...always made the film a little more cultish because the dialogue didnt quite fit

awesome movie...in my top ten for sure

I saw The Eagle last night.

Visually pretty impressive, but the dialog was somewhat weak. I thought the whole thing should've been darker or something. Seemed odd that everyone had American accents in a film taking place in 150 A.D.

Not like the Romans are going to speak Latin in the film, but usually they put on British accents to at least make it seem more serious somehow. Not sure how that works? If the Romans did have British accents though, I wondered if people in the U.K. would've been like, "oh, that's so cheesy!"?

they should have new jersey italian accents :D

Mad Max is one of my most watched films ever...the original version I watched was the US version where they dubbed the accents...always made the film a little more cultish because the dialogue didnt quite fit

awesome movie...in my top ten for sure

Got me three copies of Mad Max DVD, VHS and an unopened VHS that I got at a yard sale for .25!

Have a part time at a movie theatre so I get to see a lot of movies:

Contraband - decent movie, trailers and previews portray it as this awesome action movie. Far from it, fairly limited action.
Girl With a Dragon Tattoo - Actually fell asleep about 10 minutes in, woke up at the rape seen, ending was kind of bland.
Red Tails - Really liked this one, great story, plot development, easy to connect with the characters.
War Horse - Absolutely amazing, a must see
The Artist - Silent movie, kind of interesting if you can manage to sit through it.
Iron Lady - Pretty decent movie, Meryl Streep had an incredible performance though.
Sherlock Holmes 2 - It was a solid good movie, quite a bit of humor.
Mission Impossible 4 - By far the best of the series, I myself hate tom cruise, but it was definitely a good movie.

And that's all I've seen recently

Just went to see *Chronicle* at the theater with the kids WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!

I would walk out on that movie even on a plane

Girl With a Dragon Tattoo - Actually fell asleep about 10 minutes in, woke up at the rape seen, ending was kind of bland.

The books (this is part 1 out of 3) are real page turners. All three of have allready been succesfully made into films in Sweden.

Of course Americans aren't going to read subtitles and made this Hollywood version instead. It looks better, but I don't know what you did to the story. Very bland indeed. I expected more from the director who did Fight Club.

The books (this is part 1 out of 3) are real page turners. All three of have allready been succesfully made into films in Sweden.

Of course Americans aren't going to read subtitles and made this Hollywood version instead. It looks better, but I don't know what you did to the story. Very bland indeed. I expected more from the director who did Fight Club.

I feel like the girl in the American one had a more bad@ss vibe than the girl in the Swedish ones.

Saw the Descendants the other day. Very well done.

A friend accused me of going to see a chick flick, but for him, anything that does not involve constant explosions and/or car chases = snooze fest.

This was just a nice little slice of life kind of thing. Great acting, amazing scenery and pretty funny at times. Probably not for everyone I guess...

Back