good, cheap all-purpose crash?

Why do I get the feeling this is just some scam to make non-drummers look like idiots at the music store walking around with their fingers in their ears?

I can just see a bunch of actual drummers in the corner watching like, "wait, here's another one...he's gonna do it...whoa! What an idiot!" :)

No, I'm sure there's some value to doing that, I just probably won't be willing to. Thanks for the advice. And thanks to the rest of you for throwing some ideas out there.

Not a scam at all, every single one sounds different, years ago I lived in Mobile AL for a while. and did most of my shopping at the same music store. I would spend an hour or more hitting every cymbal in the place. I have always been a Zildjian guy. They are hand spun so the tonal grooves are never the same. The owner was awesome and would even let me try them on a demo kit he kept set up. another reason why I like mom and pop shops, but I digress. the size of the bell makes a huge difference, for instance, some use large bell cymbals for live playing and small bells for recording. I use quick beat Hi Hats where the bottom cymbal has no bell at all, the bottom cymbal has 4 holes in it. I like medium to medium thin crashes and a really solid ping ride. it's really up to you as far as what you want. I also look at it another way, I will buy cheap dish soap, but never will buy cheap toilet paper. :D

Back