Good 4-mic input mixer?

bluesmouse

I bought a Behringer Eurorack UB1002 but now I realise that I need four mic inputs so I am wanting recommendations on a good mixer/preamp to buy please. I want something that will be adequate for my needs (blues/rock music using drum samples) so that I don't have to keep upgrading.
I was going to just get another Behringer or do you think there is something better in a similar price range? (my maximum budget is $250)
If I did go for another Behringer can anyone tell me the difference between the UB 1202 and the UB 1204-PRO?
I was also thinking about the UB 1204 FX-PRO because it has digital effects but I was told by a friend that adding effects while recording can sometimes be too much of a strain on the computer (using Cubase) and that it is easier to add effects after in Cubase- would the FX on the Behringer be better than the ones on Cubase?

Many thanks,
bluesmouse.

in your case I should really check out the mm1202 from phonic!
I once bought this little beauty just because I was curious.. you get 4 mic inputs (xlr/jack) with inserts a little eq, aux, fx and panpot. besides that 4 stereo input
main out, control room out, phones out, aux return, fx return

this for all under 200 bucks! and it sounds good too!
www.phonic.com is currently offline but I'd check it again if I were you.

1204 has 3-band eq and double faders on stereo-out.
1202 has only a fader on stereo-out
1204 has 4 mono + 2 stereo while 1202 has 2 mono + 4 stereo
1204 has stereo aux. return (return 1 to aux send 1/main mix and return 2 to alt 3-4/main mix) 1202 has not.
1204 has 2 subgroups, 1202 not

need more? check behringer dot com

Back