Gonna try this again.

Freudian Slip

OK, up loaded a new file. If this doesn't work then I think it's time to format and reload the comp:(

This is a work in progress. Not sure how I am going to finish this out, It only has two verses but it's 4:20 long. Might just extend the solo and come back into the chorus?
Anyway, the drums are getting re-tracked and the section of guit under the solo. Let me know if you have any problems with the file.
Trying to mix in a largely untreated room :rolleyes: Finally getting moving o my control room after 2 years.

I usually steer clear of political songs but, this just came to me.

What we’re trying to do here
Is build the world a new fear, so we’ll stay strong

We’ll give you all a new cure
And just enough to keep you hanging on

We’ll give our selves some freedom
Take away the line ‘tween right and wrong

When we’re the arms that hold you
You will find that all you had is gone

And you’ll be
A slave to me
And you’ll be
A slave to me

We create the victims
And we’re the ones that know how to hold them down

We pick the words you can’t speak
Fill the air with tension all around

We’ll engineer your down fall
So we’ll be there to lift you from the ground

You’ll put your faith in us when
No signs of your religion can be found

And you’ll be
A slave to me
And you’ll be
A slave to me

You are making my Firefox crash every time I try to open it....

Hmmm? I click it with explorer and it opens windows media right away.
The site is a windows based site. I don't know if that could do it?
You could try right clicking it and see if it will let you save it....

Thanks for letting me know.

F.S.

Totally lovin the Floyd influence. I say take the solo as long as it will go!! It's wide open for a great jam!!

I'd like to hear you do something different with the chorus part. Sing it in a higher register, add more lines, make it stand out from the verses. You have an opportunity to add a lot of energy in the choruses and bring the message of the song home.

Very cool start, can't wait to hear it when you're done.

Thanks guys. I think I may continue the second solo and drop back into the chorus but solo through it with singing as well.

I have considered adding some backing vocals in a higher register in the second chorus. I actually want to be carefull not to add too much excitement. If the backing vocals would not be words but more like church mode chants in a higher register.... Thanks for the comments.

F.S.

Love that vintage vinyl sound in intro Freud!

The mystical Floyd flavour is cool..but the song definitely has your own sig on it with your vox...I still think you have one of the most seductive voices I've ever heard.

1:50 and 3:47 lead has a haunting quality to it..sent chills through me...you MUST just close your eyes, open your soul.. and play that out to wherever it takes you...and please don't omit that distorted/feedback? fade out you use in the 1:50 solo...this should be a soundtrack to a movie.

The delay sounding background guit is awesome!

You have an awesome song coming to life here Freud!

Long time no see or hear FS. :)

I've always liked your voice, but the effect is too much on this one. A little too ghostly and you can hear the lip smacks and/or gate opening maybe? I'd personally rather just hear it "regular". I have no comment on the song. I'm not usually any good at giving suggestions on where a song should go. That's up to the writer. So far it's okay with me.

Yup... Very nice. I'm definitely hearing a soul-felt solo going on for a long time.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

True-eurt: Thanks;) Hopefully I will have more time to work on this soon.
I struggled with the vocals on this 1: because I have not really sang for a couple of years! ans 2: because it is soooo low. Any way I go about finishing this I feel like I won't quite be happy with it so I just have to push past my lack of motivation;)

Hey Greg: Good to hear from you! So you think too much on the vocals huh? I am not much on vocal effects my self. I sort of liked this though because it added a little to the haunted / synister feeling. I appritiate the suggestion. I will see if I can mess with it some.

I have not gone through and cleand all the vocal tracks yet. That may be the lip smacks. You could also be hearing the attack on my e string. I was using the strat jazz setting on my guit and boy does that pick sound come through hear and there. I will listen to see what it is.

PoeticIntensity: THanks for listening. I am going to work on finding an end to this song.

F.S.

I'm not in a position to critique your music or mix but I gotta tell ya that I'm likin your guitar tones ;)
the distorted tone on the solo sounds perfect to my ears.

good job FS!

Oh, and just IMO, I thought the song faded out way to fast at the end. I think it would be cool if you did a much slower fade out and maybe humming the lyric melody,
But again, That's just my opinion

I'm not in a position to critique your music or mix but I gotta tell ya that I'm likin your guitar tones ;)
the distorted tone on the solo sounds perfect to my ears.

good job FS!

Oh, and just IMO, I thought the song faded out way to fast at the end. I think it would be cool if you did a much slower fade out and maybe humming the lyric melody,
But again, That's just my opinion

Thanks man.

The end it not done. I just pretty much chopped it off. That's why it's the way it is. I plan to extend it and finish the song, hopefully sooner than later. We will see.

Thanks again.

F.S.

True-eurt: Thanks;) Hopefully I will have more time to work on this soon.
I struggled with the vocals on this 1: because I have not really sang for a couple of years! ans 2: because it is soooo low. Any way I go about finishing this I feel like I won't quite be happy with it so I just have to push past my lack of motivation;)
F.S.
I surely hope you do keep the effect on the vox Freud..the haunting quality of the effect goes so well with the tone of your guits..and sets the mood for the lyrics...regular just won't do on this one.;)

I'm listening again as I type..and you've got the *feel* of this one down badass...like I said...movie soundtrack written all over it. I can't wait to hear it when completed..especially with the lead solo played out!!

I'm not hearing lip smacking, but I think Greg has a much better listening system than I do.

I surely hope you do keep the effect on the vox Freud..the haunting quality of the effect goes so well with the tone of your guits..and sets the mood for the lyrics...regular just won't do on this one.;)

I'm listening again as I type..and you've got the *feel* of this one down badass...like I said...movie soundtrack written all over it. I can't wait to hear it when completed..especially with the lead solo played out!!

I'm not hearing lip smacking, but I think Greg has a much better listening system than I do.

Well you know it's been a while. I think Greg is imagining me there, my hot breath on his neck, smacking my lips;) I think I will stick with the vox as is for the most part. I think it gets across the mood I am looking for.

Thanks True

Well you know it's been a while. I think Greg is imagining me there, my hot breath on his neck, smacking my lips;) I think I will stick with the vox as is for the most part. I think it gets across the mood I am looking for.

Thanks True
:D:eek::laughings:

I'm having another listen. You do know, that a lot of movies are watched over and over, just as much for their soundtrack as well as the story? I can't get enough of the movie Twilight...not because I like Vampire movies, but the music combined with the story is so haunting. Without the music, the movie would not be addictive to me...but I suppose it is that human fascination with the dark side that draws one in the first place.

I wrote a few church songs with a dark, moody aura to 'em and played them in a service several years ago...didn't go over too well...I thought they were going to get out the torches and chase me outta da Village...:eek::D

Anyways..kudos!

Listening while typing. First thought is the guitars sound wonderful. Very mood setting which i'm a big fan of. I like the way the vocals are set in the mix, effect struck me as off at first but by the second chorus I wasn't thinking about it. I hope you post when you have the end in. Sounds great overall, listened twice and couldn't think of anything to critique. Great job.

Gary

Im 42 if anyone's interested...

and I cant listen to any music...the using an iphone for an internet connection at the mo'....no broadband in teh jungle...depressing :(

i really like it alot, but sometimes i think opening songs with the political/t.v. talking speeches etc becomes really cliche because alot of people do it? i'm probably wrong but i'd take that part off myself, and i think its a little too roomy, just maybe a little too much reverb, and i like the loose feel of it but i think its just a little too loose and could be tighter. i'm not sure about the end, i kind of liked how it cut off like that, not sure why but i didn't mind it how it was.

i've never recorded a full song in my life so i can't really talk tho, i'd hate to hear anything i'd ever try lol. great song & good luck:)

Back